Anxiety Community
HIV amxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

HIV amxiety

i have been repeatedly told by almost every one that i don't have hiv and all my exposures mentioned carry zero risk. my trouble is that 24x7 am only thinking bout this. after a possible exposure i got my tested thrice in a period of 8 months. instead of being happy by receiving a neg result in hand i started contemplating that i was put at risk while y blood was drawn for the test and guess what, i was back to 0. eights months of pain was revived in sec's. and again the whole thing of calling help lines, searching on net etc.. yet even today i have got the same verdict which says that i had no risk. that i won't make world record by acquiring hiv like this. am new to this forum. can an expert like Teak on HIV preventtion forum; help me? what is that i can do to get over this anxiety am going through past 8 months? please help
Please help. I am in a living hell
is there nobody to help me here?
It just seems to be the current thing you are feeling anxiety over.

Something like 99% of all HIV positive individuals would show positive after 3-6 months of infection - you are not HIV positive.  Most people would show positive after 4-8 weeks, 8 months should reassure you that you are negative.  If it doesn't, there is another issue that you are positive of having - anxiety.

Take this as a time to reassure yourself that you do not have HIV and don't put yourself in that position again.
have you heard of any body been infected by a needle used while drawing blood for test?
Since you have tested NEGATIVE for HIV, you CLEARLY DON'T have this virus.  Unfortunately, you seem to have developed an HIV/health phobia which is making your life a "living hell".  If this is not something you can overcome on your own, you need to seek professional help in the form of a psychiatrist.  Talk therapy and possibly a combination of drugs can help you get your life back on track.  Continuing to obsess over this (as in your response to tj) is not going to do you any good.  You need professional help to get this back in prospective.
No, I haven't.
melimeli commented on Moma_Cher's status
10 mins ago
specialmom commented on AnnieBrooke's status
55 mins ago
b3b3kterbang commented on HIV and ORAL SEX: The...