Anxiety Community
Health Anxiety knocking on my door!

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Health Anxiety knocking on my door!

I have lived with panic and health anxiety for quite sometime. I have gotten much better with the help of Zoloft and as needed Xanax. Also, with a wonderful PCP, Psychiatrist and Therapist who all truly worked with me to get me back on my feet.

But sometimes this health anxiety comes back and a vengence. My biggest fear?  Cancer. My mind always goes right to it if I have any kind of aligment.

About 6 months ago I started with an over active gut, just constantly rumbling, tumbling, loud noises etc. I went to my GI who thinks I developed it / IBS from a virus and now its just overactive. Well in July I went for a run and had a horrible pain start directly below my sternum, in the center. Lasted 4 days, went away. A week ago the pain came back, with some nausea. Varies in intensity but its always there and I am convinced I have stomach cancer. My GI doc said to try Prilosec and come back in 1 month, that if it isn't better, we will go for the Endoscopy and see whats happening. He thinks it could be my gall bladder or gastritis. Doesn't think its an ulcer but not 100% sure. Thinks the Prilosec will help with the acids and help to heal whatever is going on.

Great right?  NOPE I am still in that mind set that he is blowing me off and missing something. I went to see my PCP who agrees with the PPI and to come back in 4 weeks.

Waiting for me is impossible. And this just hurts and I don't know why! Something has to be going on... I am not making this up.  

UGH! Normally I am so much more under control then this but I just have trouble when it comes to my health. Fear can me so damn consuming!!!!!
Still right there with ya, girl!  even after your reassurance i am still very worried sick over my hard palate bump that is "nothing" according to the doctors.  but i am still freaked the heck out!  i hope we get over this soon!  we are gonna be okay!!!! :-)
dominosarah, and Jade59 commented on Jade59's status
Shane1997 commented on A very inspiring colu...
Jade59 commented on Jade59's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms