Anxiety Community
How am I supposed to feel with Zoloft?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

How am I supposed to feel with Zoloft?

I have nighttime control issues that cause me to have panic attacks. I know it's weird but If I can't breathe through both nostrils, I start having a panic attacks - sweat, racing heart, etc. What's worse, I'm also continually checking my breathing to see if my nose is blocked, which of course causes me to focus on the problem rather than sleep.

My doctor feels that this continual checking of my breathing is a form of OCD and for which he prescribed 25mg Zoloft with the option to up the dose in a week. For the first few days everything was fine, a new med and so a new solution. After 1 week, I'm back to where I was before I started the meds.

The doctor told me that the Zoloft is supposed to mentally make me shrug-off the focus and start sleeping. Can anyone tell me if this is how Zoloft works on OCD? Is 25mg enough or should I up the dose to 50 mg? Any advice would be sp appreciated as I'm currently averaging 3 hrs sleep a night.
I started out on half of 25 mg and am up to 100mg and need to up it. I have Ocd anxiety and panic disorder and depression. It does help with the thoughts and the constant checking!! I was always checking my pulse and BP. It is horrible . It takes the zoloft about 4 to 6 weeks to get the full affect . But you will start feeling different sooner hopefully, but everyone is different. Maybe you need to up it because that is not a theraputic dose for OCD or Anxiety..usually 150mg to 200mg is. Sorry you are suffering . Talk to your doctor about the sleeping to. Take care!
Melinda
Thanks  Melinda, just hearing someone tell me I will start feeling better helps.  Another concern for me is the dry mouth side affect of Zoloft.  In my job I have to do a fair amount of public speaking, so dry mouth is a problem.
reachael commented on Derealization and Dep...
23 mins ago
Angelinaaa commented on Long standing dry mou...
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms