How do I get prescription
I am 48yrs Old.  After extensive study and yrs of research I am convinced that I have GAD.  I am relieved to finally know whats up even though it sucks.  Now, I am wondering how to get Valium or other helpful medication.  I keep getting suggestions for antidepressents.  Over the years I have already had Effexor, Lexapro, Zoloft, Welbutrin, Lithium, Seroquil, Lamictal, now they want me to try Prozac.  I am at my end.  I want to get a benzodiazapam of some kind.  How do I get a doctor to prescribe this?

Thanks.  
did the effexor not work for you? it's unlike all the others.    but i take klonopin for panic disorder and that works pretty well.
Hi wadek, doctors are reluctant to give out benzoes hasthey are adictive, ive been on them over 30years and I am now hooked on them, but you will have to ask your doctor for them if thats what feels right for you . good look,
I have been off a benzo, klonopin, for about a month,  I have more anxiety and panic attacks then I ever had before. But my doc won't put me back on it because it is sooo addictive.  I hope you can get some help for it though.  I have never had ANY luck treating anxiety with an anti-depressant. And I've been on a lot of the ones you mentioned too.  Just ask your doctor and tell him your concerns. Hopefully he'll/she'll be willing to help you.  Just be forewarned that they can be very sedating and withdrawal from them is a living hell.
If you have no history of drug abuse, and you have tried other non-narcotic anxiety medications with no help, then your doctor should have no problem treating with benzodiazepams. I have been through the exact same situation. I tried zoloft, wellbutrin, zyprexa, paxil, lamictal, seroquel, depakote, effexor, celexa, and prozac, probably more I can't remember. None of them worked. Either they would make me more anxious or very disoriented which I hate. While trying these various drugs, my doctor would give me occasional scripts of ativan, xanax, or klonopin for panic attacks or bad reactions to the meds.

So after about a year of jumping from drug to drug, I went in a said I wanted to be prescribed 1mg of Klonopin 3xday. He said no problem, its cheap, easy to dose, and does exactly what it is supposed to. He has been my doctor for a while, treats my whole family, and know me pretty well...so I don't think he was worried about any abuse problems. And I definitely don't abuse the drug. I rarely even take my full dose everyday.

Bottomline, you have tried these other options. They didn't work for you. You would like to persue another avenue that you believe could be benificial. I gaurentee he will be willing to help you and prescribe what you want.(assuming you have no drug issues) And if he does say something, tell him you will sign a narcotic contract that states you will not abuse the drugs, and if you do he can drop you as a patient. If you konw what works for you, don't let them suggest something else.
Hey! R u taking Ativan? If so, I have a question. I have been on the med Ativan for about 3 1/2 months(1mg). Is this long enough to get addicted and could I get addicted off of just 1 mg or would it have to be more mgs?