Anxiety Community
I feel like I'm losing my mind
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I feel like I'm losing my mind

for a while now I've been having extreme mood swings.
Most symptoms are internal and I get really vivid visions of breaking things like smashing up my room or the kitchen. Really bad vivid nightmares and sweat a lot at night.
Then my mind is just super manic, racing thoughts, super high adrenaline to the point of physical shakes. I'm an active person and should work it all out but its just like a wave of adrenaline/mania.
I can't concentrate on anything, find it hard to speak what I'm thinking in coherent sentences.
Generally feel a bit out of control of myself. When It happens, I just want to run away and hide, not see anyone, not exist in the world at all, its scary because I just get tunnel vision to the world, feel like I'm sinking into an abyss.
I'm afraid to enjoy the good moments too much because I know that the crash is so extreme....
I'm not really sure what to do. My doctor sent me to a CBT workshop but that's like common sense to me... and I really don't want to go on meds!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
277836_tn?1359669774
Sounds like you are having Manic episodes which can be scary for those around you.. Have you done anything yet like broke anything? Acyed out on a loved one or friend? Have you hurt yourself???

I would seek treatment from a psych dr there are meds that can help control those rages and get you feeling better again..

This is just my opinion I suffer from Anxiety as well but I figure why not try to help others being we all can relate!
Blank
You are not alone..... thousands of us out there with similar symptoms. If I could offer one piece of advice it would be to read The Mood Cure or The Ultramind Solution. good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
vicki595 commented on Feeling real and tryi...
1 hr ago
1742220_tn?1331360327
Blank
meegWpaw commented on Feeling real and tryi...
2 hrs ago
1801781_tn?1373244154
Blank
Feeling real and trying to understa...
3 hrs ago by littlebit667
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723