Anxiety Community
Is this permanent

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Is this permanent

Hello- I just went to Vegas for my bachelor party this past Friday night. I am very much a social drinker and do not drink during the week or hard on the weekends. For my bachelor party I probably drank the hardest I have in my life. Waking up and drinking and drinking all night. This party lasted until Sunday when I got to the airport and i started to feel odd. I started having my first panic attack in the airport and then on the plane. I threw up on the plane and asked the flight attendant to ask for a doctor on board. They gave my Dramamine and it knocked me out so I survived the flight. I got home and just felt really hungover. The next day I went out to lunch with my fiancee and had a COFFEE!!! Worst mistake ever. All the symptoms from the night before came back and i immediately had another panic attack. I have had to call off from work the past 3 days already. One day I went to work and told my boss I felt ill. The next day I tried to walk in but panicked and walked right out. I went to the ER to draw blood and make sure it wasn't something besides alcohol. My blood and urine results came back negative. I have never had a panic attack before this weekend. It is 4 days in now and still feel extremely anxious. Is this normal and will it ever go away????
I rarely drink heavily like that. But when I have (bachelor party too) I had anxiety for days. I swear I was so hung over it took a good week for me to feel normal again. Not a good feeling. I don't know why but alcohol increases anxiety for a lot of people. I'm sure somebody on here actually knows why but I don't. I just know it does. Tests showed you were fine too. Always great
Thank you for reaching out to me and taking the time to comment. I guess the scary thing for me is that I have never experienced a panic attack or anxiety. The anxiety is telling me it is here to stay but everyone else is telling me it will take time and it will eventually leave my system and that it is only here because my body is still recovering from last weekend. I just hope it leaves soon.
Alzheimer's Prevention
4 mins ago by gymdandee
Tocldja Feeling a lot better other ... Comment
23 mins ago
The Dark Side of 'Healthy'...
1 hr ago by gymdandee