Anxiety Community
Klonopin Withdrawal - Muscle Tightness & Cramping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I began a taper program about eight weeks ago and noticed muscle tightening, especially in my calves pretty early on.  I was doing a lot of jogging before and ended up quitting the jogging after experiencing a cramp in my foot.  I am trying to resume the jogging routine but exercise has become somewhat uncomfortable at this point.  So I take it very easy.

I'm also experiencing tightness in my stomach at times... no cramps, just a discomfort.  Plus muscular tension in my back and neck.

These are NOT symptoms I've ever associated with anxiety itself.  New and different.

Anyone else experience these symptoms?  And any recommendations for dealing with them?

mark
i also have had muscular tension for about a year now in my neck, upper back and stomach .. it comes and goes but is very annoying. Guess it's anxiety related. Have you asked your doctor about this? I am wondering how bad this is for your body? It seems to me that it cant be good for your muscles to be tense and tight for a long period of time.
I have been experiencing some weird symptoms that I am at a loss to even describe to a doctor.  It can best be described as muscle tightness/tensness in my upper body.  I wake up from a sound sleep with my upper body as stiff as a board.  It is not painful; but very annoying as I can not go back to sleep.  I try to deep breath and make a conscious effort to 'relax'; but this is only successful for a moment or two.  I do not feel that I am 'stessed', nor do I have any anxiety.  This is becoming intolerable as I am not sleeping well.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Is there a name for it?  How best do I describe this to a doctor - is it even worth wasting my time on a doctor visit?  If anyone has any advice - I would SO appreciate it.  Thank you
I went through the same thing about a month and a half ago, it was to severe. I had to go to the ER twice.  My anxiety gt worse than ever it started to affect my work. So I had to start taking them again. And I fill like a new person. I hope I helped...lisa
Amandag78 Im sick everyday again, but... Comment
34 mins ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
littlebit667 commented on bama88's status
1 hr ago