Anxiety Community
Klonopin and Asthma need help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Klonopin and Asthma need help.

I have just started Klonopin I am taking .025 mg 2x a day. After many years of my panic attacks and anxiety being in remission they are back worse then ever. Any way Since starting the klonopin I have been feeling a little better. My problem is I take it at 7 go to work and at around 2pm I get this weird tightness in my chest.I am not sure if it is anxiety or my asthma. I know this sounds wierd but I can't tell. My peak flow meter gives me the same reading but I feel like I am short of breath.
If it was the klonopin effecting my asthma I would think it would be constant but it's not. I think it's happening when I look for it or when I focus on it I am not sure. Maybe the klonopin dose is too low? When I then take my evening dose I feel fine in the am with the breathing. I don't want to use my rescue inhaler if this is just anxiety breaking through. Has anyone had this happen to them.It's scaring me. The actual dose my doctor prescribed is .5 bid but I wanted to see if I can get by with less. I have been on it since wed night 9/12 so not even three full days.Any insight would really be appreciated.
i get this same feeling a lot in the mornings or sometimes througout the day...i also seem to have asthma issues but when i have them, i am usually wheezing more than having shortness of breath.  i think that when i feel like i can't get a good deep breath, its anxiety.  if i sit there for a minute and breath slowly i can finally get a nice breath and i usually figure if it was asthma i wouldn't be able to do that.  my panic has been at its worst lately so i have been having a lot of the tightness...scares the heck out of me too...
Lev1Fagan commented on Derealization and Dep...
7 mins ago
GodiisAlmighty commented on A very inspiring colu...
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status