Anxiety Community
Klonopin and Asthma need help.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Klonopin and Asthma need help.

I have just started Klonopin I am taking .025 mg 2x a day. After many years of my panic attacks and anxiety being in remission they are back worse then ever. Any way Since starting the klonopin I have been feeling a little better. My problem is I take it at 7 go to work and at around 2pm I get this weird tightness in my chest.I am not sure if it is anxiety or my asthma. I know this sounds wierd but I can't tell. My peak flow meter gives me the same reading but I feel like I am short of breath.
If it was the klonopin effecting my asthma I would think it would be constant but it's not. I think it's happening when I look for it or when I focus on it I am not sure. Maybe the klonopin dose is too low? When I then take my evening dose I feel fine in the am with the breathing. I don't want to use my rescue inhaler if this is just anxiety breaking through. Has anyone had this happen to them.It's scaring me. The actual dose my doctor prescribed is .5 bid but I wanted to see if I can get by with less. I have been on it since wed night 9/12 so not even three full days.Any insight would really be appreciated.