Anxiety Community
Latuda

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Latuda

My doc wants me to try latuda for anxiety, she has seen great success. I  take seroquel already for anxiety, and klonopin,
and nortryptoline and lamictal. I am not bipolar. I only suffer from amxiety. I also would like k=to know if anyone else has to take so many drugs.
WOW!
If, indeed, anxiety IS your only issue, you need to get a second opinion IMMEDIATELY if not sooner! I don't know what the hell your doctor was thinking to put you on all these other medications! They are extremely powerful antipsychotics. The ONLY medication you've listed that you should be on for anxiety is the Klonopin, which is a totally appropriate drug for long term control of anxiety..........below I have copied the uses for your other meds out of the PDR (Physicians' Desk Reference)
__________________________________________________________________________
Latuda (lurasidone) is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the effects of chemicals in the brain.

Latuda is used to treat schizophrenia in adults.

seroquel is an antipsychotic used for bipolar disorder depression, mania and schizophrenia

nortriptyline is a trycyclic antidpressant

Lamictal is an anticonvulsant often used as an adjunct med in the treatment of bipolar disorder

Run, don't walk, and get that second opinion. Your current doctor is frightening!
Please let us know what happens!
Peace
Greenlydia
I agree completely with Greenlydia.  Klonopin is the only medication appropriate for severe and chronic anxiety.

Best wishes....
I know the meds are very excessive,but I only have anxiety! Seroquel is given to patients to sleep, instead of ambien. Also, Lamictal treats panic and anxiety. Nortiptyline works on the fight of flight chemical and of course klonopin. Yes i hate having to take so many meds and have question myself. I have seen another Dr. and yes she said i suffer from anxiety.
Seroquel is an atypical antipsychotic used to treat manic depression and schizophrenia. Yes, it is sedating (it is very much an antihistamine), but it is not approved for insomnia, given the risks that it poses with prolonged use (weight gain, diabetes, elevated lipids). That's not to say that everyone will develop such risks. It is generally considered poor practice to use Seroquel for off-label uses.

Lamictal is an anticonvulsant and mood stabilizer. It has no affinity for anxiety, but it can help with depression. Lamictal is not approved to treat anxiety disorders, only for epilepsy and manic depression.

Nortriptyline is a secondary amine antidepressant of the tricyclic class. It increases the turn-over of Norepinephrine in the central nervous system. It also produces alpha-1 blockade, and in this respect, could dull an exaggerated "fight or flight" response. However, Nortriptyline is generally a stimulating drug at dosages of 75 milligrams or above.

Klonopin and Nortriptyline are reasonable choices in my view. I would tend to question the others, and would seek a second opinion.

Mood Tracker: September 3, 2015
12 mins ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker: September 3, 2015
13 mins ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker: September 3, 2015
13 mins ago by char1234vass
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms