Anxiety Community
Long term use of zoloft
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Long term use of zoloft

I have been using zoloft for about 10 years. Recently I was discovered to have pernicious anemia which excelerated the depression.  My psychiatriat is suggesting I have "pooped out syndrome".  My sertaline was increased from 100 mg to 200 this last month.  I am now sweating, primarily on me head, profusely and it is causing me great embarrassment at work--I am a RN.  How do I wean myself off this junk without causing a major anxiety attack down the road.  Or, am I stuck with taking some sort of drug that effects the anxiety part of my brain???  I am 65 yrs old.  My theory is that once my anemia is under control, I won't have any more psch issues.