Melatonin
Will this help anxiety?  My doctor perscribed it for my grandaughter because she could not sleep.  I was wondering if anyone is on it and if it calms you down or just puts you to sleep?  I have been taking tylenol pms to help me sleep plus ativan and im also on 20 mgs of paxil for anxiety.
it helps you to sleep ..i take it a hour before i want to go to sleep.
It is great and I have used it in place of ambien and Lunesta. and kl42 mentioned, take it 45 minutes to an hour before bed. Give yourself at least a half hour in bed. I usually watch a little tv, read a book, then get sleepy, and fall asleep. It really helped me, and I take it every now and then. It is natural and not habit forming, which I really like.
I used melatonin a few times, awhile back.  It knocked me out fast !!  Slept through the night.  The only thing, I disliked about it was, when I woke up, I felt super groggy, rather then refreshed, but after an hour or two felt fine.  

Melatonin will not help anxiety.  But Chamomile tea does, distributed by Celestial seasoning.  It's natural.  Really helps a person relax, and also helps with sleep as well, they have different types.    
Thanks everyone for your replies.  It seems to help me sleep but it takes a long time to actually work for me, not sure why.