Anxiety Community
Obsessive Thinking Of Heart

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Obsessive Thinking Of Heart

Anyone with anxiety EVER worry about there heart constant and the way it beats and to feel if its even there ? Im back on this wagon and its so annoying and I feel like no one understands :(
My original experience with anxiety came with concerns about my heart.  I constantly worried about it and I believe worries about heart health is quite common when we experience health anxiety in my opinion. When I intially went through this, I was convinced something was wrong with my heart despite reassurances from doctors and tests.  I was constantly going to the ER just to find out that physically there was nothing wrong with me.  I believe that we can become so focused on what we percieve to be the problem that we can be hyper-aware of any 'symptom' that we may believe is threatening.  For example, when I was experiencing this, I literally felt every heartbeat, palpatation, pain, twinge...you name it I felt it.  I would constantly scan for something wrong.  I also tended to misinterpret these feelings as well.  If I had a pain in my chest then naturally I believed that it was something to panic about when it was just an everday ache that we can get from time to time.  

The mind is very powerful and panic can be very confusing and scary, especially in the beginning. Are you in counseling right now for this?  Have you experienced this in the past?  For me, a little knowledge about panic can go a long way in confronting this....keep us posted!
Omg don't feel alone I
Keep getting this bad short if breath an it's not a good feeling how are you today?
No im not attending councilling but what you said is exaclty what i went throufh before and is what im going through again! It is true that when you know the real facts you feel at ease! Thank you for you're time to respond it means alot and i was able to face the day :)
Its nice to know im not the only one! I feel short of breathe ALL the time! Im doing better, how are you ?!
I'm not doing good at all, how does your short of breath feel? Mine feel like air is getting taken away from my body like I'm abt to have a heart attack!!!
This sounds like me exactly.  I have moved on to worrying about other things (sadly) and am trying to beat it.  When I started out I was feeling my pulse every other minute of the day.  Got to the point I didn't realise I was doing it.  I'd check my chest, neck, wrist.. You name it.  If I walked up an incline and my heart sped up, I noticed.  If I heard my heart in my head after running I noticed.  Normal muscle twitches in the chest would make me think I was having heart palpatations.  I went and got tests and still was hard to believe.  You're not alone.
Wow that's me too. An I'm not stressing about anything so why do I keep getting this short of breath!! When I say the short of breath feels so bad!
Not sure I can give an answer for why, but I can share my experience and I don't know if it's the same as yours or not but.. What happens to me sometimes (usually when I'm going to try to sleep) is I will feel like I literally have to think each breath for it to happen.  Like I forget how to breathe.  and it seems like my throat is tight, but it's actually not.  I have called people panicked over it, and it passed after awhile.  It makes me cry because I have no clue what it is, but after I calm down it passes.  It happens when I'm not having an attack, but you always have anxiety regardless.  It's in the back of your mind and if you are in a situation you aren't comfortable with it'll sneak up.  
I rather have yours then mine!!! Mine comes out of the blue an feels like all air is leaving my body! If its not one thing it's another, I've been going through this for a year now, soon as I think I'm getting back to my old self something happens, my primary dr said she thinks its anxiety an I can't afford to go see cardiologist, so I'm just stuck but thanks for sharing
ALL the time. I'm too nervous to see if my heart really is broken so I'm afraid of my pulse
You have the short of breath too?
Oh your preaching to the choir i feel your pain i obsess about my heart thinking its just gunna stop and im going to die! i check my pulse like 20 times a day and if its even a little bit odd my anxiety kicks in full throttle! i wanna make these thoughts stop so if ne one knows how fill me in =]
yeaa i feel this constantly its the worst, i currently ordered panicyl but am anxious to try it. im in school right now in my last year and anxiety is making it unbearable :( i hope you guys find peace within yourself s.
i thought i was finding peace but as of this last week ive been back to where i was a yr ago...
Oh my god im the exact same! I stopped drinking caffeine so my beat is so low and sometimes i feel like i cant feel it and i freak! I find doing things and distracting yourself from it helps alot! Keep my updated :)
This sounds crazy but I hate to hear my heart beat.
How come ?!
IDK, it just freaks me out. I've had a lot of issues because of the anxiety. If I hear my heard pounding too hard it scares me!!
Omg have you ever had it so bad  where u can feel your heart beating through your back or while laying on your stomach?
Yes, i don't like that...One night my heart went from 107 to 147 like nothing. My heart rate is usually in the 40's or 50's
Wow I'm glad mine doesn't get that high I think only really it doesn't get at high is because I'm on blood pressure/ anxiety Meds that pose to help ease an stop my heart from beating so fast. My breathing is what bugs me. In so afraid I have heart problems..
I refuse to take meds, although I still suffer from anxiety I have controlled it a lot on my own. The only thing I take if I really need it is Ativan. I was so afraid I had heart problems. My doctor sent me to a cardiologist and I had tests done but the confirmed that everything was good.
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
40 mins ago
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status