Anxiety Community
Pacing

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pacing

I don't have much of a problem with it. But, like, all day I'm walking....I Hate sitting down! Everyone always asks me why I never sit, I really don't know.... Even in the hospital, rarely, not with the dr., therapist, like they'd say "I'm begging you to sit down" or "please! "I did in the cafeteria, b.c being on the unit as horrible all days for weeks!!!! But now, outside of it at home, I walk a lot, around the house, my family yells at me........
Hardly ever in my therapist office, when I saw the dr.... Nope, my school advisor looked at me funny, I only lie or sit when I'm in a car or going to sleep.... Most of the time....To me, like I said, I'm fine, besides my feet aching, but....
Is this okay????
I paced for a long time - it was because I was wired and tense. Felt like I was going to explode

How do you feel. Are you on meds - they can cause it
Sometimes people with anxiety also have been diagnosed with ADHD.  Have any of your doctors ever given thought to this idea?  Do you find it hard to focus on things?  Do you have to re-read the same paragraph over again in your textbook?  It may be worth checking into.  

And yes as All1spirit said, it could just be an anxiety reliever but it seems that it has become a burden in your life and needs to be addressed.  

Dunno, ADHD????, you'd think out of all the Hospitals, they'd a cought it....but, I do reread everything. Like, I know what it says, I just don't understand it. I can't concentrate on shyt!!!! But I have no Dr.... Anymore.
It just gets me out of the situation Im in. I walk away, and almost forget what was going on....
Who would address it?
gymdandee commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
1 hr ago
Avatar n tn
PJYen commented on 7 days cold turkey of...
mishymoshymarcy Tell me there is more to li... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms