Anxiety Community
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Hello! i just wanted to ask if,can anyone suffer from PTSD from a very bad drug experience?I had a very bad one 6 months ago,and i am not doing any better,i had a panic attack and everytime i go out i feel detached from reality and i feel the same feelings over again,till i start to get anxious,even to panic,its scary,i know anxiety is a part of PTSD...i dont think its just simply GAD,i think its anxious paired with PTSD,any ideas?
any help would make me really happy guys.=)
Hello there,

First of all Travis i'd like to know what drug it was to see if it can have a link with anxiety or if your are prone psychosis. It would be great to know how often you used that drug too and if you use it weekly or once a month or whatever.

PTSD is not a diagnosis we can tell right away. Please note that if it was on weed that you had your bad experience, weed is known to develop anxiety in people prone to anxiety sooner or later.

If it was a bad experience with psychedelics then i recommend you never do these drugs again since you might be prone to psychosis. Maybe it's just a bad luck and you don't have to worry at all too.

PTSD is diagnosed when symptoms and revival of the event or nightmare persist for more than 1 month.

Best regards,
M4
Thanks for your reply M4YOU!
i never did drugs really...and i tried lsd once...then i smoked alot of weed affter taking it..then i started feeling weird and panicked..then next day i felt ok but sensed something is wrong,i drank energy drink and i feel really strange....i was really anxious....had some  a huge panic attack after smoking weed again
since then,i cant get back to normal....i feel like the same feelings are inside me like the ones i felt when i took acid...and thn i am afraid i am going to panic,which makes me to panic ofcourse...
psychosis?how can it be treated?i would be glad,if at least id notice ALITTLE bit improvement,regarding my sypmhtoms...its horrible...interfiring with my whole life ,activities
actually my mood is not that bad though..just that feeling..duhh
please anwser!!! i am really glad you did already!
First of all don't worry about psychosis, it is just a warning i give you that someone can develop this illness and one of the ways do develop this illness is by using using drugs and LSD is prone to induce a psychosis in person vulnerable to psychosis. You are not psychotic i swear.

You are maybe having an anxiety problem and i think this is why you posted in this forum and i don't want you to be anxious about psychosis and get anxious on that, i just strongly suggest that you never do LSD or any hallucinogen drugs again since you MIGHT be prone to drug induced psychosis since you said ''then i started feeling weird and panicked..'' this is why this is my suggestion.

Also you must know that in people with anxiety problems, weed can be an excellent trigger to a panic attack since THC in cannabis will affect the cannabinoid receptors in the brain, especially receptors named CB1 that can affect the GABA receptors and GABA receptors are those of anxiety. Smoking weed will cause a reduction in the GABA release. Just to give you an example, anti-anxiety meds like benzodiazepines will INCREASE the GABA release. So i think this is the scientific evidence of why you might trigger panic attack and feel anxious by smoking weed and i suggest you stop doing so since , anyway, it's bad for your health.

The constant feeling you describe as ''i cant get back to normal'' is anxiety. Anxiety is a treatable illness and ,if i may, i think you are young so i suggest a no medication therapy such as talk therapy. You can try your school's therapist or try to find the right talk therapy for you. This is an issue you will need to discuss with your parents.

You must consider that i'm not a doctor and you should consult a doctor if you are concerned. But you can still ask me questions if i can stil be of help.

Best of luck,
M4
Thank you so much for your reply M4YOU! i havent done weed ever since! nor any other drug either! yes yes i dont think i am psychotic either..i know what i am doing.i remmber things,well..not clearly ,i forget ALOT of things,and my dreams are.VERY vivid...sometime last month i had a week full of nightmares,and it really ruined my mood,i was under the horror mf my nightmare the whole day..scary
thank you again for your anwser,so,do do you think,an anti psychotic medication might help?or maybe an SSRI might work as well?
and yes,i am young.i am only 18 ..and i want to get my life back:) and thanks to you i am now one step closer!
Prior taking SSRI or SNRI i recommend talk therapy. Also i suggest to everyone to engage into physical activity and healthy diet. Maybe paying for the gym will be less expansive than those anti-depressants. You know our body was designed to move and eat bio. While you do physical activity your body produces at least 8 hormones that are essential for healthy mind-body. Endorphins are known to relieve tension stress and therefore anxiety. You can do a search on google by yourself about exercising hormones and the benefits ( endorphins, testosterone, estrogen, growth hormones, epinephrine, thyroxine, insulin (adrenaline), glucagon ). All those hormones are extremely good for you and are produced by physical activity. Healthy diet is essential too.

One thing you can try to prior taking drugs is luminotherapy. Luminotherapy means light therapy and usually involves half-hour sessions in front of a bright lamp (10 000 lux), specially adapted to treat seasonal depression. The principle is simple: light exposure slows down melatonin production, fighting sleepiness and depression. The light reaches the brain through the retina of the eye, as nerve impulses, to alter hormone levels, which in turn reset your body clock and boost your immune system. Some doctors and health farms offer luminotherapy as a treatment, but there are also special lamps on the market for home use.

If therefore after trying all my suggestion you might think about taking anti-depressants. You can come back to me for other suggestion on different anti-depressants too if you want.

Please also note that i'm not a doctor and i'm only giving you suggestion therefore you should consult your doctor.

Best of luck,
M4
Thanks for your anwser again!
Yes,ive heard about luminotherapy,and that it treats seasonal depression(winter depression...)
but do you think it can also treat or stabilisize anxiety or/ and drog induced psychosis?
ill be doing all what you said,thank you for your suggestions,but no matter how shocking it might be...over where i live,near the U.K,gym would costs ALOT more than medications....well...just the medication,not counting the professional i am paying to...that would be more
ohh one more thing you should now is,that i feel needles in my forearm,and my finger...especially when i switch on the lights and drank caffé,i get super nervous and very pressured,which increases those sympthoms which makes me panic...the feelings i had when i had that bad traumatic experience with acid...i just couldnt get over it or something...
but,i realized..if i take a LONG hot relaxing bath,i am a little better,slightly
when i am relaxed i am better,only problem is,i dont think anybody can be fully relaxed all the time,i am always nervous about everyday...even when i go outside,i feel this pressure in my stomach..which triggers those feelings ive mentioned before
this might give you some more clue...ive been thinking about it alot
''but do you think it can also treat or stabilisize anxiety or/ and drog induced psychosis? ''

I do think luminotherapy and all mu suggestions will help with your anxiety or maybe cure it and you are not psychotic and stop thinking about being psychotic.

You are suffering from GAD if a diagnosis is really what you want.

You should go ahead for talk therapy as it's the only way to permanently cure it. Medications will only mask the symptoms.

I know,but sometimes i cant even imagine me being healthy like before...i always try to think about how  i was feeling before all this...
when i have this strange feeling,which is like..always,i feel like my body is just waiting for something to trigger a panic attack.sometimes i am so scared of panicking ,till the point where i REALLY start to panic...which is really rare,and its not so intense...but i still feel really bad
I know what you mean, at been thru this and i was asking myself ''will i be normal again?'' but i can tell you i'm starting to feel better and the anxiety is almost gone!
You will fight and beat anxiety ok?
Thank you for your support man:)
yes,i will fight and beat anxiety,
since when are you fighting it?till you started to feel better?
i start feeling weird after i wake up...
I've been fighting it for 6 months now. Me too it was as soon as i woke up. But after 6 months fighting it i feel better the anxiety is almost completely gone so don't give up!
nonights commented on 7+ months off Subutex...
14 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on photo
58 mins ago
TinaR10 So this baby wants to play ... Comment
1 hr ago