Prozac/Fluoxetine
I'm on 5mg, why am I so tired/sedated? (day 4)
I've been told to move up 5mg every week till I reach 20mg, then stick to that, will my tiredness increase the higher dose I go up? I thought Prozac was supposed to make you feel restless, etc etc.
It does take several weeks for these types of medications to start working.  It may just be your body adjusting to the medication.  Depression causes extreme tiredness as well.  If this doesn't improve within a few weeks you need to contact your doctor about it.  Prozac may not be the right medication for you but unfortunately we don't know until we try it. Prozac shouldn't make you feel restless, and is one of the better antidepressants out there.  But you could call your doctor and ask about the tiredness, they are used to hearing from us when we start a new medication and they want, and need to know how it's affecting us. Things should improve with time after this adjustment period.  I wish you the best!