Anxiety Community
Quit all caffeine..

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Quit all caffeine..

I just everybody to know that I cut out all caffeine about a year ago, and I went a whole year without an attack..I finally started getting them again last week when i quit drinking, but now i am doing good again..I think I was allergic to cofffee or something, because I was always having palputations, and I felt outside of me own body all the time..and chest pains..
thats what i need to do, i have been addicted to mellow yellow since i was 17, i can't imagine what i would feel like if i tryed to quit. what are the w/ds of quiting caffine?
Caffeine can definitely increase your anxiety and cause palpatations. Many doctors will advise people with anxiety and panic to decrease or cease caffeine consumption to help.  Caffeine is a drug and you can build up a tolerance to it fairly quickly.  It is a stimulant and you can have stomach cramps, inability to concentrate, headaches, etc while you quit, but I agree once you are off of it, it really does help with anxiety although I need it to get up in the morning :).
it sounds like you have a sensitivity to caffeine.

Did you cut out all caffeine? or just the obvious ones (coffee, tea, pop)?

Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms