Anxiety Community
Reducing Klonopin dosage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Reducing Klonopin dosage

I have been on Klonopin for about 15 years along with Elmiron for Intersticial Cystisitis. I have been trying to reduce the 1 mg per day dosage of the Klonopin to a lower dose because I am fearful of not being able to stop taking it without many complications. I have tried just withdrawing a 1/4 of a mg at a time. It's not working. I get nervous, feel physically ill, just really anxious and disoriented. I don't like this. It frightens me that I may not be able to do this. I don't like the thought of being addicted to anything. I don't like the way I feel when I try to wean myself off. Even reducing at a small dosage I can't seem to make it longer than 1 week, then I become ill until I up the dosage back up. How can I do this? Even if I can just get down to 1/2 to 3/4 of a mg a day. I know that I probably will have to take it along with the Elmiron for life, so I want to be on the least amount as possible. I had weaned myself off in the past for about 2 years with hardly any side effects. But then the stress made the IC worse and I was having to get up at least 3-5 times a night to empty my bladder. With the Klonopin theres not more than 1 trip to bathroom at night. And I don't go as much during the day. So what should I do? What is the safest way to just bring it down a 1/4 at a time with as little side effects as possible? If it can't be done, then what? Because anxiety is the worst feeling I have ever experienced and I would like to do this safely without anxiety and any seizures if possible. Thank you so much.
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Irisbritney uploaded new photos
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...