Anxiety Community
Severe Insomnia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Severe Insomnia

For decades my anxiety disorder was at worst a nuisance.  While most of my nights I only get 4 or 5 hours of sleep  in this breakdown I have just gone 3 nights with zero sleep and so sick from it I cant function. I was so whacked out last evening from 2 nights of no sleep I thought I would hit the pillow and be out - never happened.

If this is from anxiety, it and all the other hideous symptoms, I had no idea it could be this bad. When I was 19 and housebound it was bad but not this bad and when I went off benzos I was really sick for a long time......but not like this.

Has anyone else had anxiety cause severe insomnia and runs of days with no sleep
I have had nights with maybe less than 2 hours sleep. It defintely makes for a bad time the following day. My recent episode has made me restless at night but I am still able to sleep for 4 to 5 hours.

When feeling this way, I usually take a .25 mg xanax before going to bed. This relaxes me so I can sleep. It isn't often that I need to do this. Only when I am really stressed and feel like panic is coming on. I also take Paxil everyday in a low dose but I increase to max dosage during rough periods.

You really need to find a way to sleep. the lack of makes your anxiety worse as you know.

Edgyboy
Hi hun.. I'm so in the same boat. I just got this all of a sudden. I have been able to fall sleep but not able to stay sleep. This has had me very tired in the am. I don't know what is going on. I could fall asleep at 10pm and wake up at 10:30 then back to sleep st 11pm then back up at 11:30 and this seems to go on til 8 am and thats when I'm up for the rest of the day. My dr has given me trazadone to take only at night for insomnia. It had yet to work and maybe because I'm not consistent. I'm very on edge all day. I have heart palpitations when I'm women up like that to. They say chamamile and lavander is supposed to help you sleep so of course I went and got some today I can't go on like this. Taken a bath in it tonight. Sorry that you are going thru this hope you get better.
I began having the same problem a few weeks ago. Dead tired, fall asleep but within an hour or so I am wide awake. So I do laundry, clean the house, my daughter's room, do my studies. Then by close to 5 or 6 am, I take all my meds for the day and gradually fall asleep for a few hours. I am so tired and exhausted during the day, averaging about 2 hours per night.
I do not sleep because of the constant worries and anxieties. I have tried my tranquilizers, benadryl and the pills call Clonazepam every night. Even with a cup of chamomile tea.
So you are not alone.
Angela
aall BENZOS ARE BAD TOO ADDICTIVE THE STRONGEST WILL LOSE TO THEM!!!!!!!! THEY WILL Make you a junkie, you will miss years of your life to benzos! dont take them, the only way you can get off is by seizure meds. You WILL GET Vertigo!!!! very bad drugs dont do it
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
TinaR10 commented on photo