Anxiety Community
Severe anxiety symptoms please help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Severe anxiety symptoms please help.

Hello everyone, I have been browsing this site for a while now and its helped me during my attacks.

Fisrt let me start out how this started, i am currently 17 years old, 5' 10" 175 lbs. about 4 years ago I had a panic attack out of no where, my first one, this included major chest pins and impending death. Ever since that day i wold have an attack at night, i was afraid of being alone at night for some reason. This all started after my fathers leg surgery was botched and he got blood clots. I started to feel pains in my leg thinking i had blood clots myself, he would get chest pains, i would get them too every pain he had i had. Ive been in and out of the hospital, had numerous tests done (my doctors said i was in 100% perfect health) this included x rays, ekg's blood tests, echograms. They said i couldent be in better shape. But i kept on worrying, this dident help one bit. ive visited doctors, physhyatrists, nothing helped, ive taken zoloft, and buspar. But the meds made me feel weird so i ended them. Now, years later i keep having constant reaccouring problems, i visited this website: "http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety_symptoms.shtml"  and read the symptoms, and my jaw dropped. i had literly, no lie, about 95% of those things. One of the most recent is this derealization/depersonalisation feeling, everything feels weird. Years ago, i used to have attacks, at night only, now i get these symptoms all day, all day long i am dizzy i feel so weird like at a mall, it feels like nothing is normal like im embarassed about anything and everything and (CONTINUED BELOW)
Tags: Anxiety, head
i now have more and more symptoms every day and i just cant get over ttelling myself that theres nothign wrong with me. I love working on cars i always have but i have no willpower anymore. I want to go out and do something i lvoe, so i sit in the house and say to myself "Ok let go c'mon i gotta do this" but then i just think to myself "Why? Whats it matter?" and sit there watching tv. I sometimes have headaches and neck and back pains, but for 2 days now ive had this pain, only when i move my head or strain, its pretty local on one side of my head, but it moves slightly throughout the day, randomly. Lets say ill bend over, or turn my head or strain or get up quickly ill get a zap in the side of my head or behind my eye or neer my temple, its got me so worried looking up information on anyuresms (my dad has alot of head pains too wich makes me have them also) and brain tumors, this is ghoing to sound stupid, but, im constantly checking my spit and inside my nose to see if im bleeding to death or somehting. Does anyoe else have these problems? I dont want to go to doctors and take pills, i just want 100% reassurance that theres nothing wrong. I just dont know what to do anymore, theres no stoping it. All of my problems have bcome an all day thing, not just atacks anymore.
Thank you so much for your reply! I dont think that i have OCD but i might, as im reading this, i noticed one thing:

"A need for both sides of the body to feel even. A person with OCD might walk down a sidewalk and step on a crack with the ball of their left foot, then feel the need to step on another crack with the ball of their right foot."

Hm, thats odd, sometimes ill just be sitting there and ill move a table, or pick something up and get a pressure feeling in my hand, and ill feel a need to have the same feeling in the other hand, liek they have to be even. This usualy happens with pressure liek body sensations. Its not liek i HAVE to do it, but it get an odd sensation that i want to do it, like i want them to be even. Maybe i have OCD with GAD. Anyway, thanks for your help, its good to see that there are others out there like me.
Oh Yeah - all sounds SO familiar.  I have MANY of the same thoughts and feelings as you.  Dizzy throughout the day, strange pains in my head, panicky, etc...  Everyday is just another day I attempt to survive.  Is today the day I'm going to die? Will I have a heart attack? a brain tumor? a stroke? Will I live till next week?  I remember just praying to live through Christmas so my two darling little girls could celebrate with their Mom. Will I be able to drive to the store tomorrow to pick up what I need, or will I need my husband to do it for me because I'm afraid I'll pass out driving and crash.  It can be exhausting. I feel your pain...I live it everyday too.  Find a good doctor and  psychotherapist - you are much too young to feel like that.  I'm too young.  I hate it!!  I've been ssing a therapist for a few years.  I've made progress, but it's slow.  I'm hoping my new plan to attempt better nutrition and exercise will help.  Time will tell.  Hang in there and know that you are not alone.  Best to you!
thanks so much for your response, best of wishes to you too!
If the doctors checked you out and said you were healthy, chances are they are absolutely right. It is amazing what the mind can create for the body. I was fired from my job six months ago and almost immediately began suffering from anxiety. I have had a list of symptoms, all very really and consistent throughout the day. Dizziness, eye pain, shakiness, derealization just to name a few. I also went to numerous specialists and had numerous tests including a brain MRI. ALL came back "normal". You are not a unique case, although I know you feel like that right now. Anxiety can ABSOLUTELY cause the symptoms you've described. The moment you realize this you will begin feeling some relief from your symptoms. That is what has happened with me. Also, no one else will or can convince you that you are physically well ... you alone have to make up your mind that you are ! DO NOT go down the road of hypochondria, it is a never ending road because there are thousands of diseases possible and you will want to explore many of them because of your intense anxiety. Here is what has helped me in recent weeks.
1. Self talk in a positive way. We all talk to ourselves "in our heads" all day long. If you feel an uncomfortable thought enter your head just interrupt it by saying something like .. NEXT ! or SILLY THOUGHT ALERT and then think of something you like or sing a song to yourself. I know this sounds silly but it has worked for me. Also, positive affirmations ... for instance "I am stress free and happy" say it over and over again.
2. KEEP BUSY with things that require your attention. Work, sports etc. You will notice that once you stop focusing on your anxiety you will get some relief.
3. Excercise as much as you can handle. It works wonders during and after.
4. Eat more nutritious foods and drink plent of water.
5. Seek professional therapy. (maybe try a different med. or a natural herb that helps with anxiety)
6. Tell yourself this is a temporary situation and that it is a "gift" to be able to learn how powerful the mind is. (I know this one is hard). Then you can use this same power to your advantage.
7. Talk to friends, try to find things to laugh and smile about, watch comedies. I did not laugh or smile for months after my anxiety started.
8. Take others advice on what worked for them ... especially on this web site.
9. Seek nature. Lakes, the ocean, anything peaceful.
Good luck !
Love the response from Lightwise!  I will also try many of them.

I know the horrible feeling.  I cannot begin to tell you how anxiety has intruded in my life.  When I am home alone with my daughter (whom I adopted from China..she is beautiful.)  I have this dread feeling about leaving the house.  Even to walk the dog is a chore.  I hate when I am off from work, because I am just truly miserable.  Just a constant feeling of doom.  The only times that I enjoy going out to the stores is when my husband is with me.  Otherwise I have this feeling like "I have to get home."  I took my daughter to a Christmas party with my sister and the whole entire time I had that "drunk" feeling in my head.  Felt like I couldn't focus.

I fight many of these feelings and have done a pretty good job except in severe cases.  I am on paxil and buspar and feel 99% better than before the meds.  (Couldn't even leave my bed, except for work).  But I would love for it to all end.  I also had every disease possible...brain tumor, MS, Lupus, AIDS...had CAT scans, MRI's blood work ups...totally fine.  

There is not an answer I can give except to get to a good psychotherapist. (Helps me tremendously)  Just take comfort in that you are not alone and there are many of us fighting this together.
Your symptoms are simmilar that of mine. I too had panic attacks more frequently. I faced panic attacks whenever I travelled in bus or aeroplane. In darkness I felt uneasiness that always converted into panic attack. But I was advised to do exercise esp.YOGA. I started it including breathing exercises of YOGA in morning and walking for 45 minutes in evening and I felt a lot of relief. Now I am all right. Some times I feel uneasiness in winter. After doing PRANAYAM (breathing exercise of YOGA) I become normal. Let me advise you to do YOGA under the supervision of a expert and I hope you will be healthy again.
Has anyone tried naturally herbs for relief of aniexty?
I am experiencing almost the exact same symptoms as you and it is tough but you will get through it and so will I. You have to focus on the positives and forget the negatives or it will just get worse. Focus on the positive aspects of your life,you are healthy,focus on things you enjoy,your friends family.And most importantly talk about it as much as you can to anybody you can.

Good luck

P.S. For anybody who has been having problems like these here is something that has helped me.
http://www.phoenixrisingbooks.com/pb/Articles/brain101_mhall.htm
WOW, it feels so much better when I see that there are many others people who feel the same way I do. I'm 22 years old and I have been suffering from anxiety for as long as I can remember. Even as a little kid I would get really nervous and end up getting a fever so sick. Since my dog died a few months ago and I've been stressed with alot of school work, my anxiety is getting much worse. I hardly sleep at night and my shoulders and neck are really stiff. When I start to feel anxious my body gets numb in certain spots and I start freaking out even more! I try to tell myself to calm down but its really hard! Sometimes I just feel like Im going CRAZY!!
i suffer from post tramatic stress severe angziety severe depression OCD and the best advice i can give everyone is just to push through your fears and you will realize theres nothing to worry about you need to look at the good things about yourself and reasure yourself that there is truly nothing to worry about i really do now how painful and frustrating these thoughts and feelings can be but you need to think hard about life and realize we all have a certain amount of time here so enjoy it well you have it dont dwell on things that arent truly important unless you become super sick or your bleeding like crazy dont worry about dieing its not even worth it really think hard about this you just gota say hey if something is gona happen somethings gonna happen you cant really prevent it if you truly are concerned about the way you feel go get it checked out and if the doctor says its ok then its ok. learn to appreciate life and stop and smell the roses once in a while enjoy the time with your loved ones and if you need medication take it it will help i understand when you say you dont liek it or the way it makes you feel but eventually you will get used to it or try a diffrent medicatino if it doesnt work your doctor will help you through this but just remeber the average human lives for 70-80 years if your lucky so rember the clock is ticking and you need to live life to the fullest hope you all take this into consideration and get better.

I just wanted to let you all know that I experience the same symptoms. I have anxiety everyday...The most difficult thing to deal with is the dizziness and lighthheadiness...I hate it ...My doc tell me I am perfectly health too but I dont believe them...I always want further testing ....Now my DR is at the point where he wont even listen to me....I pray each and every night I can gain my life back ...Its ruining everything my job, family, etc  If anyone has any ideas has to how to handle this please please please please let me know  I am desperate
This is a great thread you folks have going and I'm glad you are offering help, suggestions and support for each other, which this site is all about. Many of you are seeing doctors, but are STILL fighting the demons. To you I say it's time to get back with your doctor and discuss your on-going battle. It's possible you need to try a different med, or a higher dose of the one you're taking. For those not involved in some sort of therapy, I can not urge strongly enough to get help for the root cause of your anxiety. Pills will only mask the symptoms, they will NEVER help you recover from your anxiety! Some have said their doctor no longer listens to them. These doctors are MORONS. Find another one ASAP, and find one that is well versed in anxiety/panic issues and the correct use of anti-anxiety meds. They ARE out there!
It is without a doubt one of THE most difficult things for those of us with anxiety, (especially health anxiety) to accept the medical diagnose that we are 100% healthy. It is NOT one of our strong suits! But that is where talk therapy will really shine.
And for the Love of Mike...............STAY OFF THE WEB SITES THAT LIST SYMPTOMS! That is THE worst place for a person with health anxiety to hang out! The next time you feel the urge to get on one of those sites to figure out what you're
"dying" from THIS TIME..........get on THIS forum and post your fears to us! You have NOTHING that SOMEONE on this site hasn't had.........I can gaurantee you that!
Keep up the great work, all of you, and I would urge that you all get really pro-active in your own mental health. Wishing you all the very best
Peace
Greenlydia    
That is so true.  I have severe anxiety and I think that I have a brain tumor or am going to have a brain aneurism (aneurysm) ad then I get this sick feeling to my stomach like I am going to pass out.  I had the worst headache ever yesterday, where my head by my temples felt like it was pulsating or jumping.  Has anyone ever had this?  I have been to the ER numerous times thinking I was dying from  heart attack.  all tests came back normal, but now I am worried about my head because of the headaches.  Anxiety is the worst thing I could possibly imagine
"This all started after my fathers leg surgery was botched and he got blood clots. I started to feel pains in my leg thinking i had blood clots myself, he would get chest pains, i would get them too every pain he had i had. Ive been in and out of the hospital, had numerous tests done (my doctors said i was in 100% perfect health) this included x rays, ekg's blood tests, echograms. They said i couldent be in better shape. But i kept on worrying, this dident help one bit."

story of my life. i thought i was the only one. i constantly still want to drive myself to the ER and doctors and get every test out there. my mother doesnt believe in psychologist either when i clearly need one. first i thought i had a brain tumor, then it was blood clots, then i thought heart attacks, then stomach cancer, then something wrong with my pancreas, now i think i have blood clots again. i cant deal with it anymore.
Life is incredibely difficult. Living is one of the hardest things an individual can do in life. Suffering is the key element in life that creates a strong person. The more you struggle the more you except life and enjoy the surroundings. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2005 and ever since I have always believed I will have other problems. For me, I have had other problems. I have had abscess, fistula's, chronic stomach pains, headaches all day long, and joint pains. I have always believed that my life would be in the pits and I think about while laying in bed at night that the next day there will be something else. I know I don't have a mental dissorder, yet, I do have health issues that is not something I, myself, can fix on my own. I have to let it ride its course out.

I have learned through the years that I have to be the one to move on from this chapter and create the next. I was tired of being sad, lonely, and not excelling in my life with school, career, and the goals I have set out for myself.

You must always drive yourself to the farthest of limits that your body can handle. Dwelling on something will never get you anywhere and there is no need to worry about something you can not control.

I had certain thoughts that drove me crazy. I went for a year without thinking negatively about my life and those around me. I couldn't find the interest to do anything enjoyable. But I forced myself. I learned to be a little bit more active. Even walking for five minutes, all you need is something to tell yourself that you did something postive.

You can go to doctors and psychyitrists all you want, however, they will just tell you to control your mind and try to move past it. Therapists do help, but the best help, is you, yourself, acknowledges what the situation is and you want to change it. Nothing in life is easy and you must always know that. Never believe that you'll wake up and it will be all over. It wont, and you need to understand that you control your mind, there is no one else who can. The more you work on your mind and the more you mold it into what you want it to be, those thoughts and anxiety will soon dissapate. You just have to believe in yourself that it is possible. Once you have the negative thoughts of you can't, than you've beaten yourself at your own game.
I too suffer really bad with anxiaty. I have these head pains and this serge of heat that runs down my back. I get blurred vision and feel really dizzy. I have had bloods done. and ct scan and all normal. It is driving me crazy. I have a different symptom every day and each one is intense sensation. overwelming feelings  and then comes the panic. im on the web looking for all sorts of symptoms. Then more panic. i went on the web at 8 in the evening and before i knew it, i was turning it off at 2 in the morning. all becuse i was looking up different symptoms. I hate feeling like this, and its good to know im not the only one. Anyone else suffer with the head pains blurry foggy vision and heat seges?
It is so sad to see how many of us suffer from anxiety.  Mine started about two and a half years ago.  I had a panic attack in the gym, got freaked out, thougt I was having a heart attack, and had to leave and call 911 when I was driving because I continued to make myself believe there was something wrong.  Looking back, all it was is paying attention to my heartbeat which was strong because I was exercising.  I never paid attention to it before and when I did I thought I was having a heart attack because I had tightness in my chest, rapid heart beat, and trouble breathing.  Sounds funny right because that is what is supposed to happen when we exercise?  Well here I am years later and in my mind I have been convinced I was about to die from heart attacks, strokes, brain tumors, blood clots, etc.  Thought I had ALS (Lou G's disease), Alzhiemers, clogged arteries, etc.  Fealt the chest pains, dizzyness, thought my mind was going, thougt what I was seing wasn't real (which convinced me I had Schizophrenia or mental illness), wierd pains just about everywhere that surely meant something bad was going to happen, jaw pain and tingling in my arm that I was sure that was the sign of a heart attack or stroke, thought I had vision changes and woud check both eyes to view a sign or something just to check it, and just about anything else you could imagine.  It starts to consume you and it becomes your life.  It is depressing and sad because you want to be normal again and you are so sad, frustrated, and angry that you can't snap out of it.  Some of us even have everything we could ever want and still are unhappy and must deal with this.  The question is, even though this is horrible to deal with, what has realistically happened?  Sure I have been to the emergency room because "this time I was sure its real" but nothign bad has actually physically happened to me.  It is all in my mind and probably many of yours too.  We convince ourselves this is real and it becomes real because of it even though it is a lie.  I was afraid to take meds for the longest time because I was afraid of side effects and that it would cause me more problems.  I was terrified because my anxiety had to do with physical worries.  I take them now and if I can do it anyone can.  Tried twice before, but quit because "it made me feel wierd".  Honestly nothing even happens until about 2-3 weeks one way or another.  So, that was another lie.  If you think you need anxiety medicine, you probably do and don't be afraid to go for it.  It really helps.  Scary as hell at first, but really helps a lot.  Done a lot of self searching and besides drugs here is what helps.  It takes months and years so don't expect to do some of these things and wake up cured.  Stick with them.  Think about how long it took you to end up how you are now and how much negative work it took to do it on a daily basis.  That should give you a good idea about how hard you will have to work at it.  
*stop being negative about things.  Every day practice being positive and whatever you are having anxiety about say the opposite.  Refute what you think is going on.  Practice saying I am healthy, I am not going to die or whatever it is for you.
*try not to focus on what is consuming you.  I do know it is almost impossible, but find a way to occupy your mind.  
*Break the lies you believe.   I can't go to the store.  You can go to the store.  You may have a panic attack, but you can get through it because you always have.  As painful and scary as it has been sometimes it never killed you.  Empower yourself.  Start small and prove to yourself you can do it.  Take someone with you that you trust and just make it through a few time.  Break the power it has over you and it will set you free! Trust me
*Don't have constant dialog in your mind.  Don't think about every single thing you are doing because it makes your mind wonder and with anxiety that is rarely a good thing.  If you like sports think about a game you watched, if you like shopping think about what you want to buy next, when we were "normal" we didn't think about anxiety thoughts.  Our minds were preoccupied and we didn't know we were even thinking.  With anxiety always being aware is bad because it allows you to see things a way you have never seen them before and usually put a negative or scary twist on them.  
*Find people you can trust to talk with at work or wherever when things get bad.  Just talking and getting your mind of things can sometimes be enough to get you snappe out of it.  
*Find purpose.  If your life *****, make someone elses better and it will in turn make you feel better.  Do things that make you happy.  Take a dance class, make a new friend, take up a hobby, spend more time with loved ones.  
*Lastly, but not least, pray!  In God is great strength.  Evil has only one power (if you let it) over the flesh and it is a pretty big one.  Lies.  Why is that so big?  Because that messes with our minds.  If you have anxiety you know just how powerful your mind is.  Look back at your life and see just how far your mind has taken you.  Something small happens and we start to believe it.  It grows and grows each day until one day you go from a bad experience to daily anxiety and panic attacks.  You know deep down it is not true, but you can't seem to break it.  It is now a part of you and you continue to give it power.  Whatever it is say it out loud that " I break the power of (whatever it may be) over my life and I will overcome it, it will not ruin my life" Every time you stuggle with it, pray for strength.  
*Finally two books I recommend.  One spiritual "Battlefield of the mind" by Joyce Meyer, and "The perpetual stress response" (overcoming anxeity and depression by O'Conner.  

It will get better and I am actually so glad I suffered through this!  It has made me a better person and without going through it I don't think I would have found purpose in my life.  Everyone of you can do it. You make it through each day even when you think you can't.  I am proud of you because I know what a great struggle it is each day.  It is a tiresome draining fight, but you have to arm yourself with weapons or how can you expect to change.  Think positive because I am proof you can reach the very bottom and make it back up to the top:)  Just don't give up. Put forth the effort even though you don't feel like it.  So, your life ***** and you want it to change, well I got news, only you can change it.  So, start right now and change it.  It just starts with a positive thought and an action.  
I have had severe anxiety problems. All the same symptoms as you, dizzyness, sweating palms, heart palpatations, feel like im going to die, feeling wierd pains in my head, back, legs, ect, wonder whats wrong with me. Wonder if the doctor missed diagnosing me with something that is serious.

All the doctors I have seen have done all kinds of test and they all came back normal. They all say the same thing I have anxiety. Said I should be on Meds. But after reading that meds only supress the problem and may have lasting side effects i started to look for a different answer.

I foud an article from a man with similar problems. Now this might sound wierd but it really works. I was skeptical too!! He says that the anxiety is stimulated through your subconsious and that there is an event or memory that your subconsious keeps remembering but you have blocked out. He say to close your eyes and think of of this event, to think really hard take yourself back to the day it happend think about how yoou felt, really think about how this event or bad memory made you feel. KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED. once you feel the same way you felt and you begen to get nervous or scared, CLAP CLAP your hands and say to yourself DISCONECT!! your subconsious release the thought forever, thus curing your anxiety. I tried it and it worked i have be aniety free for 6 months now. I feel like i got my whole life back, i enjoy living everyday. Try it it may work for you. if it does work for you please post a comment I would like to know if if helps neone else.
I'm 24, in the hospital presently for anxiety.. I had a CT scan last week for an abdomen pain and the iodine solution had an allergic reaction that made my body red and itch....24 hours later I began experiencing ENDLESS anxiety and panic..tormenting relentless that wont let me sleep.  After 2 days i went to the hospital got drugged up with stuff, and then went home and a day later i was back in the hospital. I feel like i'm going to die, and I've never heard of anxiety that can last 24/7 like this.  does anyone know if the contrast dye during the CT solution has caused permanent damage in my brain chemistry so how or is anyone going through this?   i've been in the hospital 3 days and have been put on an anti depressant med (Seraquel) 200 mg at night and 25 mg twice a day and all it seems to do is make me tired and allows me to sleep eventually.   Someone please tell me this has happened to someone and how long this is going to last.. its been a week, I dont know how to survive much longer with my body in endless fight or flight mode.
Man...I am RIGHT there with you...
I am still in it...3 weeks now, and I am fighting the anxiety 24/7. Can't sleep, no appetite, and EVERY thought is about anxiety, fear and depression. Seriously...EVERY thought.
But the first step is getting the RIGHT kind of help...see a psychiatrist or therapist, or BOTH, talk to your Doctor (not the ER, they don't have the time) about ANXIETY.
Anxiety can feed off of itself, and absorbs too much or your serotonin, and puts your whole mind off, creates more anxiety.
Get the right kind of help first...confront the actual problem.
People have lived through this, people who at one time didn't think they could. I know that now, thanks to sites like this.
Keep us posted.
i suffer from the same thing everyday =/
hi all let me just say anxiaty is worry theres nothing wrong with you find things you enjoy an do it get out more when you feel any pain just say it anxiaty it will go in a min sometimes it gose straight away sometimes it take a bit of time but one things sure it will go an another will come im not givein in when you worry or dwel on something your anxiaty will apper control it an move on dont let it take over your day .when i9 read the first comment on here i thought he was talkin about me lol but i dont bother with docs theres nothin wrong with me apart from anxiaty which i accept an will over come .i reseach anxiaty evertime i have an attack an all i read is ppl goin for scans check ups tests al this means is your getting a pain thinking about it worrying then anxiaty takes over stop the way it works
most stomach pains are becouse your hungery so dont worry about the pain just eat .the only thing i cut out of my diet is caffine an alcahol (alcohol) everything else is good for you .

ps sorry for my spelling lol
oh it's like u're talking bout me. i had myself fully convinced i was dying, every pain, every headache, every time, i thought about something bad, there it was the anxiety, playing it's little game, hiding, waiting for me to draw it out, and 90% of the time, it was me that brought it on. i know its easy to say, there's nothing wrong wit u, r me r anyone that have this problem, but u must truely believe it, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WIT U, OR ME OR ANYONE who experiance these sort of thoughts. oh its a struggle, and u feel totally drained all the time, but its only because we r the ones that let this horrible monster take over our lives....i know myself i can handle anything life has to throw at me, and for most of my life i have, between, my parents splitting up wen i was only 4, been sent into a home, moved from family member to family member, until i was old enough to move in wit m ay ever first boyfriend, who controlled me for 13 years, until i left him, with my two kids,after 4 years i came back to live my own life. i met a great man, and 2 yrs on we r still together, and i can't be happier. my ex husband passed away this year, and it was a terrible shock. had i not have had this **** thing they call anxiety, i would deal with anything in my life.even though i'm the happiest i ever been, therapists have told me that, the reason for my anxiety is just that, i am happy and can't accept the fact that i deserve to be happy, and that nothing bad is gonna happen. i will beat this, i know i will. and so will u, and all of those who have it, WE WILL BEAT IT.........
I just wanted u to know I am in the same situation. 3 mos. ago I had a reaction to a drug named invega and it almost killed me. Since then ive been experiencing what im told is anxiety with a phobia. I have literaly almost every symptom that there is with anxiety. My anxiety is like yours constant I feel pains constantly all day everyday. I have a huge fear of blood clotts, and heart problems. I constantly worry, everytime I get a pain im afraid its a clott and as I told u i get pains constantly. Ive even noticed that I get pains in the exact locations of my arteries. I am in constant fear that im fixing to die. It has consumed me. I have been to the ER 8 times in 3 mos they constantly tell me that everything looks fine. I even had some pretty convincing ppl on here tell me its anxiety but I still cant shake it. I worry that theres something that just havent found. I wake up in the mornings and it starts, lasts all day and by the time I lay down that night I notice that my muscles r sore in my upper body from being tensed all day. If Im siting my leg is constantly moving. I know this isnt much help but it helps reasure me that what im experiencing is anxiety when I here from someone who is experiencing the same thing. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.
I know exactly how you feel except my consistent worrying is that i am going to end up with a severe mental illness like schizophrenia, it bthers me so bad that I think about it constantly and Iget on websites everyday to look and symptoms and I convince myself that I am on my way to developing this disease even tho i dont hear voices or see things that arent there.  My therapist reassures me that i do not have this but it still does not help.
a
wow im sitting here reading this at 230 in the morning and as usual im scared because im by myself and my 16 yr old daughter is sleeping in the other room but that is no comfort to me because im scared something is going to happen while shes here and what is she going to do and how can i possibally put her threw that ...that is my thought prosses everyday for the last 3 months ..and im so freaking tierd i could pull my hair out ..i have had this burning stomach and cronic (chronic) ikky feeling threw out my body for 2 weeks its like crawling and burning inside my skin and all i do is pase ive lost 27 pds in 2 months i have a gross taste in my mouth and cant eat everything hurts and im so sick of it i just want my life back i want to be able to smile which i dont and ive lost all faith in doctors they look at you like you have 2 heads and r just getting frustrated with th constant appointments im making anfd the test i want run when they just keep saying its classic anxiety i too tried meds and they also made me feel weird so i stopped them and the mental health in canada what a joke i just want to get better and to stop feeling this way and impossing my crap on my kids i dont want them to remember how their mother made there lives hell because she was so scare dfor them to go outside there is not one symptom that anyone has listed that i have not had and feel strong in my mind at times and not panicy and yet now this is a 24 -7 thing and i dont know how to make it STOP  
When I was in my young twenties my full blown panic disorder started. I had anxiety 24/7 and panic attacks that would ebb and flow for hours! I had this for years and years! Because I was so sensitive, I could only handle 3 mg. of Paxil for a long time. The other meds made me feel more nervous or nuts. No matter what is causing the panic, I suggest you get on the right meds while you are finding out what's going on, be it mental , physical or both. Even though I have dealt with the emotional stuff for well over 15 years, it is very clear I have a physical disorder. Some people must be on meds! You mentioned fight or flight mode. That was me, always feeling like I needed to run. I basically slept in clothes and sometimes shoes, I felt so unsafe. It was hell and I know why you don't think you can make it, but the truth is, you can! Take one day at a time and get all the help you can. Think of reasons to live and cry out to God for help! Know you are not alone and don't hesitate to email me if you want to. When I was growing up, I used to watch a medical show and I always thought I had every disease portrayed on the show each week. I grew up with much anxiety but didn't know what it was at the time! Hope you feel better. I will be praying for you! God is my rock and His word my anchor! I pray He would be yours! Studchick
I have the exact same thing! It's really scaring me. I've had a ct scan and it was all normal but I still think there's something wrong but there's not. If I could just get that in my head I'd be I've but I can't and I really want to!
Anxiety, Thyroid or Hormones? Can anyone relate to this?
Hello!
My name is Michelle and I am 41 years old. I am so happy to have found this forum! I am hoping that what I have been experiencing the past 3-4 years is perimenopause. I am going to be getting health insurance soon ( thanks to my wonderful fiance!) but I am hoping that I can find some immediate answers to my fears about what is happening to me smile.gif Here is a short description of what has been going on.. Since 2005 I have been having problems with my menstrual cycles. From 2006- now my periods have gradually ceased to exist sad.gif Coincidentally, I switched from Zoloft to Prozac in January of 2006 which may have been a factor in messing up my hormones. Then, things got really crazy when my pdoc added Strattera to the Prozac.. I had to stop taking the strattera because it was making me nauseous. After stopping Strattera, I began having hot flashes.. In fact, I had 30 hot flashes in one day! They hot flashes began to subside... Then I started missing periods.. I have not had a period since Sept 9th of 2008. I had a pap smear on Aug 18 2008 which was normal. I did think it was odd that I had a period shortly after the pap smear.. Up to that point, I wasn't having any periods at all.. The last one I had was Nov of 2007. Since my last period ( Sept 2008) I had only one slight period, which was in October of 2009.
The other symptoms that I have had started up in the spring/summer of 2008.. In the summer of 2008, the hot flashes returned along with heart palpitations.. I could be sitting on the couch watching tv, and my heart would start having palpitations.. I was on Prozac so I decided to taper down to see if it helped stop the heart issues.. I also gained 20 pounds ( most likely from the prozac, I was 20lbs lighter when I started the meds in Jan of 06) I started to do some walking and mild exercise which seemed to stop the heart issues but not the hot flashes. My final dose of Prozac was in November of 2008.
Unfortunately I had to go back on Prozac last fall of 2009 because my anxiety came back sad.gif But when I went back on the prozac, things got worse. I started having chest pains, fatigue, and my eyes felt like they were being squeezed! I also had weird pains in my pelvic area. I had my blood pressure checked and it was normal. I finally had to stop taking the prozac because the angina was getting worse. I have now been off prozac for 4 months now and all the heart palpitations and chest pain is finally gone. The weird pelvic pains have stopped as well. I was going to my doctor the whole time so he was informed of what was going on. He said that the Prozac may have been too stimulating for me..
The symptoms I am worried about now is: lack of a period, insomnia, anxiety,hair loss, can't stand the cold, sensitive, sticky eyes, puffiness under eyes (especially around my left eye) hot flashes ( I can be freezing and have a hot flash) and fatigue. I also have had milky discharge for years since being on SSRI's ( had a mammogram when this first occurred 8 years ago and they found nothing )
I did have my TSH tested in Nov of 09 and it was 2.24 However, my FSH was 153.5 mIU/ml and my LH was 57.7 mIU/ml Sorry for the long post, I am just terrified of what is happening to me and I hope that when I go to see the endocrinologist , they can tell me what is going on!
It's sad, because you people are suffering with no answers.

There are answers to everything. The search may take a long time. In many cases, it may be situational (probably the easiest to fix), genetic (which often can be addressed if it is something like malabsorption), pyroluria (which in turn can lead to schizophrenia if not reversed), emotional trauma leading to a HPA axis abnormalities, CFIDS, Fibromyalgia, metabolic issues, vitamin deficiencies that can only be addressed by taking coenzymated forms, Lyme, etc. Personal note: I have CFIDS/Lyme and PTSD from it and have suffered torturous 24x7 anxiety and been up to 15 mg of Ativan (oral and intravenous) in one day (that was 5x my daily dose). The most helpful psychotherapy I have done was EMDR for PTSD and all I had to do is sit in a chair (talk therapy not necessary). People here would still tell me I need to find the root cause of my anxiety, or to not worry, but this generally isn't helpful. Talk therapy for me was not helpful at all. Relaxation techniques, hypnosis, biofeedback, neurofeedback, CBT, EMDR, etc can help when you have chronic disease, brain trauma (and no brain trauma is not just hitting your head as it can be caused by massive amounts of adrenaline).

I am dependent on a large dose of benzos, but I am addressing the true deficiencies that are causing anxiety so I can get off of them. The deficiencies are caused by the chronic bacteria infections in my case. The supplements (not drugs) sedate me more than my large dose of benzos, and when I take them with my benzos, everything suddenly becomes peaceful, and I fall asleep tranquilized.

To people who have had serious anxiety for years, I don't think there is anything your MD can do to help you, and the anxiety may truly be out of your control. You may have little control when using relaxation exercises, but still not much.

There are clinics to address metabolic/nutritional problems for Anxiety, Depression, ADD, etc, but they are often expensive and don't take insurance (often because insurance companies don't want to pay doctors who diverge away from the mainstream allopathic approach). This approach may take a long time to figure out your true issues, but what's important is people can be cured and not need a pharmaceutical for the rest of their life. They may not be able to find the root cause, because there is still a lot of things in medicine that are unknown.

If you feel like you are in hell, and psychiatric/psychotherapy approaches simply aren't effective treatments, don't give up. Look elsewhere. There is a lot out there to be explored.

I sincerely am trying to help people because I know how torturous anxiety can become. And yes, it can be caused by a true underlying disease that will go unnoticed under routine lab work. Routine lab work really doesn't show much. It pretty much a test to see if organs are working or failing. Routine labwork can miss immunological issues if you have a long-standing illness suppressing your immune system.

There is no way anybody here can be reassured 100% that there is nothing wrong with them. That isn't even realistic, and it makes me cringe when doctors like to say they "ruled everything out". Not possible.
I suffer  from anxiety too! I have wasted too many years of my life worrying about dying and don't want you to do the same.

You are young and healthy!!!! You are not going to die! How many anxiety attacks have you had? and how many times have you lived? It's not going to kill you, but may make you miserable. I know it's not fair. I try to live my life right and then there are people (some in my family) that smoke crack and do heroine. They seem to be doing all right. So why don't they suffer with anxiety? It's just not fair!!! I do think sometimes if their bodies can handle all of those drugs and lack of food and water, then my healthy body should be able to handle much more!

I am sure you are having smypathetic symptoms because you see your dad suffering, but remember you are healthy and you are young!

Please, don't waste your life worrying. I started having anxiety when I was 16 and am now 31. I wish I could go back and have worried less :(. Try to get into church and keep an open Bible next to your bed. I believe it will help you! Take care and relax.

When you are having an anxiety attack tell yourself "This too shall pass." They always do don't they???
Thanks SO much for taking the time to post!! I have been a prisoner of anxiety for so long that I forgot how to live!! I am going to get some over due blood work done to check my thyroid.. I pray that these tests will shed some light on what is going on with me! I am a fairly logical, level headed gal, but when your body starts freaking out, it gets scary :(  I will be posting progress updates asap :)  Thanks again for giving me hope!!
Have they looked for something like PCOS? I don't know if it causes anxiety, but it is common and my younger sister has it.

I am not a doctor, but reading through your post, it looks like you need to see a good endocrinologist.
I am definitely going to check that out :)  I am hoping it is just a thyroid issue, but I won't know for sure until I get tested I suppose.. Thanks so much for the info!  I will be posting updates soon :)
I know what your going through and i know i can help you trust me. my email is ***@**** im not on there alot so if i dont respond you can call me at 856 - 341 - 3057
Thank you so much for all of your support...everyone! I've been experiencing many of the symptoms shared, most horribly, prolongued dizziness and loss of concentration, fatigue, and headaches. When I first notices these symptoms progressing and not going away, I immediately assumed the worse. I thought I had some sort of cancer or a brain tumor, or some other terminal illness, which only made matters worse. I'm 21 and have had anxiety for about four years, but only this year started experiencing debilitating symptoms. Just this morning, I felt really dizzy and though I was going to die at the restaurant where I was eating lunch. I came home and tried the exercise in which you close your eyes and visualize a traumatic repressed memory, and train yourself to "detach" from it. To my amazement, my dizzy spell stopped completely. I layed down on my bed and meditated for about twenty minutes using breathing exercises, and sure enough my anxieties seemed to just leave my mind and body.

I think for me, the biggest thing is that I worry about absolutely everything, and it makes me ill. Telling myself that I'm perfectly healthy and reassuring myself that I'm not dying really helps me move out of the downward spiral of negative thought patterns. Listening to happy songs and putting a smile on also helps.

Thanks again to all who posted. It's really comforting to know that I'm not alone.
Hi everyone:

I had all of the symptoms from the original poster.  I also went to anxietycentre and though it was all stress related.  It turned out to be lyme disease with Bartonella and Babesia.

Once I got properly diagnosed and treated, I got better.  All symptoms are gone.  I'm still in treatment (on month 5 right now) and probably have 4-5 more months.  But I feel like myself at last.  Depersonalization, anxiety, air hunger, brain fog, malaise, gone!

Here is a message I left for another, but it should apply here.  be well!

______

Have you considered Lyme disease?  I had all of the symptoms you had and was told for months that it was all stress, in my head.  I was told to seek therapy and go on Prozac.  I was given klonopin.

It turns out anxiety is a common side effect of disseminated lyme disease and Bartonella (a common co-infection with lyme).  

See the symptom list far below.  (This is only some of them...there are really more than 70.)   You don't need to have all of them.  But more than 15 strongly suspect lyme & co's.

The key to getting diagnosed properly is the doctor.  I had a terrible time back in Feb-April of 2010 with weird symptoms, dizziness, anxiety, forgetfulness, brian fog, twitching, jaw pain, slurrred speech, etc, etc.  I had dozens of tests, including a lyme ELISA test...all normal.  I was told it was stress, that I had a somatization disorder, and told to go on Prozac and seek therapy.  I"m only 35!  

I then found another doctor who happened to be an ILADS trained LLMD (Lyme Literate MD).  She did a Western Blot test from a lab called Igenex.  I came back highly positive for lyme and some "co-infections" (Bartonella and Babesia.)  I never had a rash nor do I remember a bite.  Lyme is in all 50 states.

I'm now in treatment and am 90% better!   I have a few more months to go. All of my anxiety / brain fog is GONE!  

Just a word of caution...lyme is very controversial.  The mainstream doctors and infectious disease guru's deny that Chronic Lyme exists and feel it is easy to diagnose with good tests and easy to treat with 2-3 weeks of antibiotics.   This just isn't true and there have been no double blinded studies to show that lyme is eradicated from the body with a short course of antibiotics.

This is why you need an ILADS trained doctor.   You can go to their website and download Dr. Burrascano's treatment guideline.  It is the "bible" of lyme.   Regular doctors will say these aren't symptoms and that it is in your head.

Not saying you have lyme...but anxiety is a common symptom.  I've met people who've been told they've had ALS, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue for 10 years when it was really lyme.  They got well once going to an LLMD and getting proper, agressive treatment.

Check out the documentary Under Our Skin (google it).  There are also clips on youtube.  You can probably rent from your local library.

You can get well!  lymenet is a good resource also.

Cheers

Lyme Disease Symptoms List
1. Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
2. Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
3. Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
4. Unexplained hair loss
5. Swollen glands: list areas____
6. Sore throat
7. Testicular pain/pelvic pain
8. Unexplained menstrual irregularity
9. Unexplained milk production: breast pain
10.Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
11.Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
12.Upset stomach
13.Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
14.Chest pain or rib soreness
15.Shortness of breath, cough
16.Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
17.Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
18.Joint pain or swelling: list joints_____________
19.Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
20.Muscle pain or cramps
21.Twitching of the face or other muscles
22.Headache
23.Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
24.Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
25.Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
26.Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
27.Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
28.lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
29.Lightheadedness, wooziness
30.Tremor
31.Confusion, difficulty in thinking
32.Diffculty with concentration, reading
33.Forgetfuiness, poor short term memory
34.Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
35.Difficulty with speech or writing
36.Mood swings, irritability, depression
37.Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
38.Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

Symptoms for Bartonella and Babesia (common co-infections with lyme)

Bartonellosis symptoms:

Common symptoms of bartonellosis include:

___Fatigue (often with agitation, unlike Lyme disease, which is more exhaustion)

___Low grade fevers, especially morning and/or late afternoon, often associated with feelings of "coming down with the flu or a virus"

___Sweats, often morning or late afternoon (sometimes at night) - often described as "thick" or "sticky" in nature

___Headaches, especially frontal (often confused with sinus) or on top of head

___Eye symptoms including episodes of blurred vision, red eyes, dry eyes

___Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and sometimes hearing problems (decreased or even increased sensitivity - so-called hyperacusis)

___Sore throats (recurring)

___Swollen glands, especially neck and under arms

___Anxiety and worry attacks; others perceive as "very anxious"

___Episodes of confusion and disorientation that are usually transient (and very scary); often can be seizure-like in nature

___Poor sleep (especially difficulty falling asleep); poor sleep quality

___Joint pain and stiffness (often both Left and Right sides as opposed to Lyme which is often on one side only with pain and stiffness that changes locations)

___Muscle pains especially the calves; may be twitching and cramping also

___Foot pain, more in the morning involving the heels or soles of the feet (sometimes misdiagnosed as plantar fasciitis)

___Nerve irritation symptoms which can be described as burning, vibrating, numb, shooting, etc.

___Tremors and/or muscle twitching

___Heart palpitations and strange chest pains

___Episodes of breathlessness

___Strange rashes recurring on the body often, red stretch marks, and peculiar tender lumps and nodules along the sides of the legs or arms, spider veins

___Gastrointestinal symptoms, abdominal pain and acid reflux

___Shin bone pain and tenderness

------------------------------------------------------

Babesiosis

As with other co-infections, there is a lot of overlap of symptoms between Lyme disease and Babesiosis. An accumulation of the following signs and symptoms probably warrant testing and/or treatment of Babesiosis:

___Chills

___Fatigue and often excessive sleepiness

___High fever at onset of illness

___Night sweats that are often drenching and profuse

___Severe muscle pains, especially the large muscles of the legs (quads, buttocks, etc.)

___Neurological symptoms often described as "dizzy, tipsy, and spaciness," similar to a sensation of "floating" or "walking off the top of a mountain onto a cloud"

___Depression

___Episodes of breathlessness, "air hunger", and/or cough

___Decreased appetite and/or nausea

___Spleen and/or liver enlargement

___Abnormal labs (low white blood count, low platelet counts, mild elevation of liver enzymes, and elevated sed rate)

___Headaches (migraine-like, persistent, and especially involving the back of the head and upper neck areas)

___Joint pain (more common with Lyme and Bartonella)

___anxiety/panic (more common with Bartonella)

___Lymph gland swelling (more common with Bartonella and Lyme)
I am so relieved to hear that I am not alone. Reading this has made me feel so much better. It's like listening to myself from another person's point of view!
I had a very traumatic accident where was hit by a car as a pedestrian almost three years ago. I had always been a nervous person. I did not have a stable upbringing and it made me nervous, but it really turned into a problem after my accident. I'm also at a very stressful time in my life where my financial situation causes me to live in the house I grew up in, which is an unhealthy environment.
I suffer from terrible panic attacks now. I recently had Epstein Barr and my spleen was enlarged. It's gone down a lot and my dr says I can resume normal activities and just to rest a lot, but I am still so worried my spleen could burst and kill me. All this anxiety about it led to an outbreak of shingles which cleared up quickly. Proof that under it all, as I have been repeatedly told, I am healthy. But of course I worried about whether the shingles were going to my heart/brain/eyes/ears/etc. Now, as I'm at the end of all this, I have caught a normal virus that's been going around according to my doctor and that's freaking me out too.
I have had bloodwork, ekgs, a ctscan, sonogram through all of this and none of them indicate that I am in danger of dying. But still, I panic. My doctor says that I am getting sick so much because my anxiety is wearing my immunity down.
I believe this, but still, I am struggling to stop it. I am in therapy and considering anxiety meds. I really need to force myself to implement the techniques that will make me get better and be brave enough to push past the fear that if I don't worry, something bad will sneak up on me.
I try not to think about it, but sometimes, I wish I could go back to who I was before my accident. I would give anything now to be that person again. I know that the only thing stopping me is my frame of mind, so I retain hope that I will get back there. It seems so crazy that I can't just decide ok I'm going to be myself again!
My symptoms when I'm not sick vary a lot. I sometimes feel dizzy and faint and worry about passing out. I see lights and get ocular migraines. Sometimes, I feel like I can't focus my eyes. My mouth and throat get very dry and scratchy and I feel like I can't clear my throat or I can't breathe. Then I worry that my throat will close. I worry that I'm allergic to things. When it first started, I used to wake up with upset stomachs.
At various times I've feared I was dying of a heart attack, stroke, anyuerism, allergic reaction, asthma attack or a serious disease that my dr may have overlooked. I've feared that I have menangitis (meningitis), a fractured skull after hitting my head, diabetes, MS, cancer, internal bleeding, dehydration, aenemia, an electrolyte imbalance, that I am losing my mind, you name it! This worrying is truly a waste of time:(
I'm going on vacation for a bit tomorrow. I haven't been on a vacation since before this began. I know it will take work to dig myself out of this hole, but I'm hoping a change in scenery will help me put my life back into perspective.
I am at the peak of my anxiety.. i feel like i have no control over my life at all anymore. I am 26 years old, i have an amazing bf who thankfully has put up with me. I had to stop my job because i was feeling trapped in situations. Almost clausterphobic, in the smallest situation. Then onetime i didnt feel well and i almost got sick infront of a huge crowd... ever since then im now afraid i will get sick infront of people and when i go out i almost make myself feel so sick. I have tried to take natural calming pills but i was eating them like candy and they still didnt do anythng. I also will eat gum or a mint to try to distract me but it seems its getting worse and nothing can stop them now. I just want to feel normal. My family is huge and so is my bfs so everyone is always asking us over for dinner and i always make up some reason not to go. So i try to have people at my house more so i dont have to leave. Thankfully i just picked up a work from home job that consists of talking on the phone, i hope this helps me get talking to more people. I feel for every single one of you with anxiety!!! i dont wish this apon anyone! I am crying writing this because im fed up, and want to feel normal.. people dont realize how lucky they are to not have anxiety..
ok, i know i mgiht sound like a jackass to some of you, but i want you to realise one thing, i went through the EXACT same thing, for almost 2 years, and honestly, it was quite severe. like, a cancerous, 3rd person, borderline constant hallucination, and in a panic attack 16-24 hours/ day ( depending on how much i slept) anxiety. and it got to the point to where i said im either going to find a way to make this **** liveable with, or im gonna end it. and i was 17 when it started, 6'3" 220 lbs. and the only reason im doing this, is because i only wish someone would have done this for me while i was reading blogs on anxiety almost all day, to help me cope. What you need to do, is actually read up on anxiety, what it is exactly and what causes it, the cycles that you send your mind on, that never end, producing your all day anxiety.. and i say all day anxiety, because anxiety is a normal healthy thing, just not when experienced all day every day. so thats one thing down, anxiety is fine, you are most likely not ill, and do not need medical attantion or medicine, just some good old willpower. for the record, i neevr took any medication at all while i was struggeling with my anxiety. so, as im sure most of you are aware, anxiety is not viable, without depression, meaning you can not have anxiety without first having depression (again, another completely normal healthy emotion, just not when experienced continuously) and there are many many things that can have an onset of a deep depression, some of them subconcious. and what i found, throught a lot of my research and readings, is most of the younger people that have a sudden onset of anxiety, is almost completely home to them "growing up" just in a more intense, rapid sense. which could be caused by problems as a child, past experiences or w/e. but what it seemed to be to me, was figuring out that i wasnt invincible, and was vulnerable to the same things everyone else is. i just didnt know that at first. because think about it.. what is it that keeps your anxiety on a roll? the fight or flight response. what is it that causes you to take to the fight or flight response? your mind over exaggerating pains that you feel, your depression, and many other things, causing you to dwell deeper and deeper into that until you convince yourself something is wrong. and one of the worst things is, is you catch it sometimes, your like.." why did i panic over that?" which makes you start to question you own mentality therefore sending you on the same cycle. so, next time you start to panic, when you feel an attack coming.. try your hardest to figure out why, and try to make sense of it ask yourself "is there a reason to panic over that?" "was that actually what i thought it was?" and try to convince yourself to not go on the cycle, because thats how i broke it, i would find the reasons for my panic, and break them down until it seemed silly of me to think anything of it. because the thing is, they are the same feelings youve been feeling your whole life, you just never stopped to think that hard about it, because it seemed so miniscule, but when your alone and/or depressed, your mind works in a different way, and exaggerates everything you feel, giving you a very xenophobic outlook on life "what was that pain? i need to google it, something must be wrong with me" and i know, most of you are thinking.. take advice from some1 thats 17? uh, no. but ill tell you, one of the biggest helps i had ( although frustrating as hell) was my dad, telling me to get over myself, and to grow up. which obviously at the time, i just thought he was a jackass, and didnt understand, until i talked to a few of my older friends/acquaintances, and almost all of them said they went through the exact same thing, just a stage of life to overcome, only making you a stronger person morally. which is funny, because you can point out the people that you know have never been through anything as such, and i gurantee you will call them a jackass, because they are loud, obnoxious, and full of themself, because they have never grown up. and so by the time i started putting all of the peices together myself, i started completely agreeing with my dad, that i really did just need to get over myself, because.. there are far more importat things to worry about in life, especially the pain you are putting other people through with your cycled mentality, because i watched my mom and sister cry over me too many times, because they just figured i was a lost cause, because i basically turned into a shell of a person, i showed no emotion ever, never laughed or smiled, and had some mild suicidal thoughts. which i also got over.. because, i figured out, that suicide was the easy way out.. which also was a big boost to morale when i overcame my anxiety. and for the record, i had virtually no personal help or support in overcoming my anxiety, most of my friends thought it was something that could be shrugged off, obviously never having been through it themselves, and none of my family, because none had went through it besides my dad... which made a lot of sense to me, why he didnt try to help that much. although, he is quite old (was almost 60 at the time). so basically all i had to rely on was the blogs i read, and the research i could do. but , as of now, i am almost normal now, and definately able to function within society quite normally. i just still have a terrible memory, and my vision is still askew (3rd personish) but i have learned to deal with that, also, i will often have to grab my head, to remind me what size it actually is, lol. because it just feels liek a big hot air balloon mosrt of the time. but, anyways im tired, and i hope inthe long run, this might help some1, because i do understand that everyone is different, and this probably wont reach understanding with more than 5-10% of the people that read it.but anyways, hope i helped.
I have suffered from two serious anaphylactic shocks. I'm afraid to take anything. When I do, I convince myself it's happening again, and the symptoms of a panic attack feel exactly the same as anaphylactic shocks. I can never tell. I need help, someone that can relate to me?
I have horrible anxiety and the worst part is - I don't know why.  I think that's why I constantly try to find something wrong with me.  I really am having a problem with my left arm veins swelling up.  But, I am seeing a doctor and he is doing a nerve test.  He says it's not serious.  Well...I go to webMD and all sorts of sites.  Now Im thinking it's my heart...it's my veins... I'm thinking I'm going to get a blood clot.  I think about dying like 20+ times a day.  I just started Celexa.  I sure hope it kicks in soon.  I miss feeling normal. :(  It's a horrible disorder and I wish people could understand how depressing it is to have these symptoms.  It's like everyday is a fight to get through.  And then every morning I wake up, I'm so happy I made it another day.  I'm so scared.  I just wish I could get better right now.  :(  I hope all my heart test turn out okay. That is worrying me the most.  Oh and I don't want a blood clot. ugggh.  Im only 30.  Im super healthy.  I don't understand...why me? :(
I know exactly how u feel, I suffered terribly for 9yrs, my world felt like it had been turned upside down an I got to the point where I didn't know if I could handle it anymore. It all started when I became a mother an the feelings of having this new life to look after over whelmed me.  Things started to progress, thoughts in my head, feeling like I was having a heart attack all the time, my heart would race so I was for ever going in an out of hospital thinking maybe they were missing something.  I had so many tests at the doctors an as soon as I entered the doctors my heart rate would rocket sky high, in fear that they would tell me that I was going to die. When I got a headache or any sort of sickness yet again I convinced myself it was something more. I would look up my symptoms on the computer an what came up terrified me, so I would think omg I have this terrible disease.     Its amazing all the symptoms you have from anxiety, the sweets, hart racing, numbness, headache, an omg the feeling like u are going to pass out, the list goes on an most ppl cant truly know how u feel until they themselves are or have gone through this.  Knowing that u are not alone in this some what gives your relief.  I broke down bad one day an went to see a nurse an I tell u what from then on my life has improved 100%.  I was put on antidepressants, it took about 3 weeks then one morning I woke up an felt so good.  I was put on these not for depression but for anxiety.  I know a lot of ppl are against these tablets an it may take a few different types before you find the right one for u but at the end of the day I feel like I am living again.  I really hope this has helped someone, knowing that u are not alone an your life can improve!!! I wish u all the best :)              
I I am glad to hear that others suffer from obsessive irrational thoughts and sever anxiety!! At a young age! Everyone I know doesn't understand how I feel! They think you can just stop it I'd you want to. If that was the case I would be in good shape!  When I was a child I suffered from slight OCD and migraine with aura which comes from genetic of my fathers side but never interfering with my life, until about 2 years ago I started getting other neurological physical symptoms where my legs and arms felt numb and my legs were weak. Then I started to get severe fatigue and memory loss with blurry vision and a stiff neck that was so painful I could barely keep. it up. rashes on my chest and seeing spots in vision. I also began developing a slight mild dementia getting lost in familiar places and not recognizing people easily or myself This is not normal for a previously healthy 26 year old female.
The drs did all of the bloodwork to check for lymes,lupus infections disease, anemia thyroid, Wilson's disease, B12 defencies  and every disease out there. All resulting negative, which just a high bilirubin which is benign condition drs said and many people test high for in the liver enzymes. Then I got a MRI of brain, neck, and back all negative. The drs were thinking of doing spinal tap. But I am being referred to a big university for second opinion. 
I have a huge career and now needs to be put on hold. I want to rule out severe neurodegenerative  disorders but all the drs have really given up on finding a real illness confirmed by a test.
After all these symptoms started a year later I started developing irrational thoughts and fear of dying and I began to overbreath constantly and think about it every moment. This has left me home bound filled with severe anxiety and paranoia, I can't sleep well, I get nightmares,, and feel like I'm looking thru tunnel vision,.my body feels numb and my mouth so dry,my face feels numb as well which is hard to tell cause I am a migraine sufferer originally  and I feel like if I don't consciously breath I will die or something so then I over breath constantly and it puts me in a state of shock it seems. I am fainting and the vertigo is so bad I can barely stand. My eyes are dry and my appetite is gone. I cannot enjoy anything? Do you think my prior health symptoms activated a severe anxiety disorder? Or was it that all along manifesting on different symptoms, the breathing symptoms just started recently so that's when the really scary symptoms of feeling like I'm going crazy started. Could it still have been anxiety all along and now chronic hyperventilation  in later stages?  Any help is so greatly appreciated! I really loved my life and don't know why this would start gradually and worsen  i never suffered from depression before and now am getting worse out of nowhere? Thanks for your help in advance. 
After reading a few of these posts, and breaking my doctor's orders (ie. DO NOT READ MEDICAL-RELATED THINGS ONLINE), I've decided to put in a quick blurb.

I got into a bad car accident a year and a half ago. I've suffered from PTSD, panic attacks and severe anxiety ever since. I've had quite literally every single symptom known to man for anxiety-- rashes on the tops of my feet, back of my neck, back of my arms, to the point they would hurt to the touch. They'd bleed due to severe dryness. Severe panic attacks. Nausea, insomnia, impeding doom, tingling, muscle twitches, numbness, itchiness, etc etc etc. I can't even begin to list all of the symptoms. I've had panic attacks where my chest muscles turned black and blue. My heart rate would go to 200 BPM for hours. One panic attack I had recently, I had an irregular heart beat, I felt like I was going to die, I was vommiting, I had such an intense sense of doom that I packed everything I would want to donate to my mother as if I were going to die, and I started calling my relatives in order to tel them that I loved them and I wouldn't live much longer (that's how bad it was). I was walking around outside disoriented, in and through traffic, confused, etc. My shooting nerve pain is so bad when that I scream when it gets bad and convulse. I have constant buzzing sensations in the palms of my hand and in my inner toes. Constant nightmares. Vivid dreams. Insane insomnia-- my hours are inversed for weeks at a time and I can't fix it. INSANE hypochondria, like many on here-- I get odd symptoms, and I fixate and assume the worst. One particular terrible one is stomach pains (aka Irritable Bowel Syndrome), I get nausrea and stomach grumbling, and I assume it's stomach cancer. My cousin died of stomach cancer recently, at 28-- had a kid, got married, went to the doctor and they diagnosed him with stomach cancer, died 7 weeks later (my stomach is rumbling like no tomorrow right now as I type this, that's how bad my anxiety is). I drink a lot to calm myself, to shut off my brain; the ironic part is that causes ms insane anxiety, liver cancer, cirroasis, etc. Smoking too- to the point that I've essentially quit smoking. The last two years I convinced myself I've had (no exaggeration): lung cancer, sinus cancer, stomach cancer, testicular cancer, liver cancer, cirriosis, skin cancer, eye cancer, brain cancer, jaw cancer, throat cancer, esophageal cancer, bowel cancer, colon cancer, thyroid cancer, bone cancer, lymph node cancer, heart disease, strokes, aneurysms, etc. You may think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. It is truly hell. I realize when I'm calm that it is my mental disorders, but when you're in the throes of it, well, if you've ever been there, you know.

The good news it HAS gotten better-- it's still there, and I'm starting to realize it's my mental disorder talking, and I am able to calm myself down. But trust me, for example 2 weeks ago, I had a stomach flu, and I was fully convinced I had stomach cancer, my IBS as a result of my anxiety was an affirmative symptom that I was going to die, and it was a nasty anxiety spiral. I'd have the worst nightmares, my insomnia flared, and so forth.

The worst part is I have anxiety about taking medication-- Pristiq. One of the side effects is high bp, and it runs in my family. I'm a bit overweight, 248, 6'2". I'm about 25 lbs overweight, my lean weight is ~225, I'm very muscular. I quit smoking- well when i drink I have one or two. But I'm down from 8-12/day. I know I should get my BP checked by my doctor, but that induces panic- what if they check my BP, or would want to run tests, and test my liver, and I have some liver ailment due to drinking, I know it's very, very unlikely, I turned 29 3 weeks ago, but I always catastrophize and think in black & white (I've seen shrinks, they've pointed out my negative thinking patterns). I've been to the ER a few times, seen a few docs-- they say I'm healthy as an Ox, but as anyone with severe anxiety knows, ah let's not go there.

The one thing I've found is maintaining a healthy lifestyle-- sleeping normally, 3am -> 8-9am, keeping myself busy with healthy endeavours, working out 4-5 times a week, cardio 4-5 times a week. Talking to friends, doing work, etc. When I am by myself and my anxiety flares, I always worry about the worst. A doctor once joked with me regarding me quitting smoking due to anxiety, he said that's fantastic-- next let it make you quit drinking, and turn vegetarian. It's frustrating. I can't even take Pristiq because my anxiety of the side effects is so bad. But the last year alone, I've gone cocaine, heroine (snorted), MDMA, methylone, mephedrone, ecstasy, and countless other synthetics. How retarded is that, I do all these random hard drugs, but I'm too scared to do a weak *** synthetic like MDMA, pristiq (aka effexor)?

Maybe someone who has anxiety will understand. The good news is I'm seeing professional Psychologists next week for intense CBT, and changing my life around. But for all of you suffering from anxiety, panic, ptsd, etc-- hang in there. It DOES get better. Get treatment. It's not permanent.

God speed.

God speed.
I have every day symptoms which change every 2-3 days. Diziness. Weakness numbness scared to stay to long in shower, headaches , twice in er and nothing waiting for MRI but my doc said is anxiety. I have been diagnosing my self with so many  conditions is not even funny. I'm living hell. Good luck to everyone.
Your post was from so long ago, so I don't even know if you are still out there, but I wanted to post back, "thank you." It's been one of those long nights and mornings full of anxiety and tears, despair and confusion. Reaching and looking at the internet I often find my anxiety levels increase, but today am refreshed and inspired by your and another's post. I don't give up hope, although I do get close, somehow, I suppose it's my spirit, I push on through this crippling state believing I, too, will somehow find my way home as you did. I believe I arrived here as you write which is largely by the power of the mind which is so powerful and complicated. I will next check out these books you recommend, and thank you for the prayer that you noted.
Thinks2much2
I am 32yr old married female. I have been suffering paralyzing 24/7 anxiety for over 3 weeks now. I started having panic attacks at 25 yrs old. My dr put me on lexapro and prn klonopin. Both low doses. But after 7 years of a high stress career as a registered nurse and 6 long years of marriage that introduced the most hateful inlaws into my life... Trying my best to raise my 5 year old innocent child! I am at the lowest point in my life. I have never felt so worthless. I am in pure agony. My entire body hurts almost every moment of the day. I was diagnosed with lupus at 27 right after my child was born. That is when the pain started. Then they explained to me that I have polyarthralgia and fibromyalgia as we'll. I forgot to mention I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and PCOS at 21yrs old.  So even thru all this stuff wrong with me I was still functional. But the past month I am in such agony from panic. My heart racing so bad I couldn't get it to slow down. I have resisted going to the ER for fear of embarrassment. In the worst of my heart racing I remembered from working as a RN that your pulse can slow down because of the vagal response when you "bear down" to have a bowel movement. So I tried it while I was laying paralyzed in agony in my bed. And I also did breathing exercises. It did seem to slow my pulse down some. But that is how desperate I was... Yet I am too afraid to go get help. My main symptoms right now tonight is feeling so worthless and that I don't have any purpose anymore. And I feel so dizzy all I can do is lay still. And so I cry. 3 months ago I quit my job because I was getting worse. I couldn't concentrate well enough to take care of other people. I was getting a lot of negative attention from my boss. As a RN, we are supposed to be perfect for others in pain and suffering.. And I was doing the best I could. I loved all my patients and felt so deeply for them and I worked so hard to help them. I ended up leaving work later and later until my 12hr shift became 16hr shifts. I knew I was losing it. I needed a break. Rather than getting fired sooner or later, I went ahead and quit. I was ok for about a month but now I just feel like I don't have a purpose anymore and that just depresses me. I have no where to be each day. Of course we have no extra money now. Even had to sell my car. My husband makes very little compared to what I brought home. He has never been motivated to provide. He went to school and graduated and never took his license exam. That was 2 years ago. He could have a better job if he wanted. I almost think he delights in seeing me suffer and be so low in life cause it makes him feel better about himself. So even tho I love him, he is not really an option for help right now. He sleeps all the time anyway when he is not at work. He rarely plays with our child. He won't do anything with him. He says I'm at home now and their is no reason for him to have to do anything. This is the same man pressuring me to have another child ASAP. I personally would love to have more children but I cannot go thru raising another child by myself. Especially not in my current mental state.  I just need help. I am deeply religious. I have never appreciated the suffering that Jesus went thru on the cross than I do now. I don't know what to do at this point. But I have a feeling I am going to have to and get some help. I don't have any insurance til jan 2015. And pretty much no money. I can't even afford my lexapro. I had to wean myself off the past few weeks. I hope you all find peace as well as myself. Love to all.
This is an old thread but I thought I'd post. I never had anxiety issues as a teenager. I thought I had it, but when I actually experienced it in university, I realized it was a whole new thing. I never had anxiety about common things, relationships, school, work, crowds, etc. It all started with chronic headaches that triggered overwhelming health anxiety. I never used to get them so when I got one-sided headaches everyday for months, I was certain it was a growing tumour. I made my way to a neurologist after many tests, doctors and clinic visits. I was popping naproxen and was still certain I was dying until I had a clear MRI. When that happened, my headaches stopped being so severe and my other health anxieties (thinking I was pregnant all the time, or had an STD even though the chances were low).

Flash forward to this year, and the headaches are back and the anxiety is the worst its ever been. The headaches are worse and have more symptoms, including brain-fog, depersonalization, dizziness, nausea, etc. I was diagnosed with chronic migraines and I take amitripylene. Even after seeing a new neuro several times, he does not seem to take it seriously. I see dizziness and everyday headaches as a bad sign and he doesn't. Obviously he is the doctor but I am 26/f with no other health problems so I can't seem to get to the source. Some days the headache is a zap, other times stabbing when I cough or laugh, other days it makes my scalp tender/hot. When I get these zaps I immediately think I am done for. I think about my death alot; how my family and husband would react. How I would react if I was diagnosed with cancer. I feel like I need another MRI to confirm its not cancer or something else. I am not sure how many of the symtoms (symptoms) (I also get head rushes, feeling of something dripping in my head, feel flushed, increased heart-rate). When I drink caffine it makes everything worse. I used to be fine in crowds and in shops but now the movement and lights make me feel like I will faint. The neuro keeps telling me that the "fainting" feeling is not part of the migraine but has not actually suggested anxiety. I go back to him tomorrow...
specialmom Elementary school band con... Comment
Frenchies commented on Salivary gland disord...
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...