Anxiety Community
Sinking feeling in chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Sinking feeling in chest

every so often ive been getting a weird sinking feeling in my chest, it only lasts for  a second or two, the most recent one i had was about five minutes ago, which was the strongest most intense one i have felt yet, this was followed by a raise in my bpm and i cant shake the anxiety that always follows.

ive been to the hospital emergency room several times in the past month with panic attacks, and have been assured that i have a healty heart, so whats causing these sinking feelings? they scare the hell  out of me when they happen, anyone feeling similar sensation or can explain the cause of this...? plz help
I get that too....I guess it is part of the anxiety.  Many of us here get these weird chest "pains" or "beats" or whatever.....I am sure someone will post with more info on it.  Hope you feel better!

i get that as well.. .. it might be a pvc.. premature ventricular contraction.  you feel like you are on a roller coaster.. where you are all the sudden swooshing down down down.. then .. you are ok ..i get them alot when i get anxious..

everyone has pvc's// alot of people do not feel them.. or.. they dont pay attention to them.. its normal.. they can become worse when aggravated by certainover the counter meds... by certain foods that you might be allergic too.... strress... anxiety.. lots of stuff.. the raise in your beats per minute.. could be your automatic response to the feeling you are having...
the important thing.. is dont freak out.... if they become sorry worrying to you that you find yourself in such a state of panic that you can no longer funtion.. make an appointment with your doc.... or better yet.. since it seems like you are already worried about it.. make an appointment.. just to ease your mind.....you have already been to the er many times..

you have to remember.. your heart.. is another organ .. just like other organs.. its amazing how resilant our bodies are... we get kidnet infections.. bladder infections... colds.. coughs...digestive problems... etc et c.. it only goes to reason.. that our hearts are going to be affected by stress.. anxiety... ect etc/.... is scares us because we have always been taught.. that our heart.. well.. its what keeps us going.. and without it..well.. we would not be here... just last weekend.. i my thyroid brand was switched by a pharmisist... bad move.. it caused me 3-4 days of the scariest pvc storm i have ever had.. i had to lie on the floor.. because it felt like i was constantly falling.

i deep breathed.. i tried my best to calm myself down.  i allowed .. i accepted.. i overcame. you can too.   accept that its going to happen.  you cannot stop them.. but you will make it worse if you freak out about it... i know its hard not too freak out.. its such a foreign feeling.. just try.. take baby steps..

go over what you are eating.. what meds you are on... etc etc.. know that alot of people feel the same way you do.... i hope this helps!!
Wow I think I am having this feeling too. I've been really stressed lately...but mozartgirl thanks for that response and words of encouragement!  I am going to try and accept and overcome this as well!
i lost a friend whom ASSUMED it was a pvc - everyone should go to the Doc FIRST before tehy assume
Same here, but the thing is I'm 21 years old, no such issues in family history, I never smoke, I socially drink, only thing is my parents had diabetes problems but I don't and I work out a lot (weight lifting, biking) and am very fit.  I used to have occasional chest pains, almost like a light pinch to the chest but I just ignored it because I've felt it forever.  Just starting yesterday as I was driving to work (nothing special), I was in the car and felt the rollercoaster sensation in my chest, and just now I physically felt a quivering in my chest in the area where my heart is, so I'm thinking it may be the same thing but I don't have health insurance, I barely started my new full-time job and don't have money saved up, so not sure what to do...
I just had 7 of these yesterday morning. I usually have it around once per 2 months, so yesterday it scared the BEjesus out of me, went to a cardiologist, had EKG tests, ultrasound everything was normal. but he said these types of heart problem (if i do have them) only present itself when it wants to. He said the tests can be so good now, cause i'm only 27 but it can happen again. and he said it might be PVC too.no clear answer was given, even after $300 dollars worth of tests. damn my insurance, wont cover it because i wasnt admitted to the hospital... ???
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
1 hr ago
50000downloads commented on HIV: THE FACTS
TinaR10 commented on mhv's status