Tofranil (Imiprimine) Withdrawal
My doc wants me off this drug and has cut me back 1/4 of 100 mg dose every 7 days. I am now 5 days off the drug. How long will it take to be out of my system? I've tried many times to get off this drug over the years and have had such horrible withdrawal that I always ended up back on it.  At the same time of weaning, doc started me on Zoloft 50 mg per day.  After my last Tofranil, I didn't suffer the withdrawal at all I'd experienced in the past. I've been on Zoloft for 3weeks and began to break out in hives.  The hives and itching have become overwhelming and constant. Could it be the Zoloft and could I quit Zoloft and not suffer withdrawal from each of the drugs?  I'm not sleeping, etc. with the constant hives.
I don't think it would take three weeks for you to have an allergic reaction to the Zoloft. I'm guessing the hives is from something else. I'm not a doctor and that's who you need to see for your answers.
Best of luck
Greenlydia