Anxiety Community
Weird Head Pains
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weird Head Pains

Can anxiety cause weird head pains?  I keep getting these sharp shooting pains in my head and they usually only last a few seconds or so.  Sometimes I just getting a feeling of pressure but for the most part it is these sharp pains.  They aren't always in the same spot.  

I had all those tests done in May and nothing showed up.  Has anyone else ever had this?  It is kind of freaky!!!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1392211_tn?1286333242
i was told by 3 doctors i have anxiety,i get diffrent pains in my head i also get alot of pains on my left side diffrent places diffrent times up my arm down my arm in my hand my head and leg so i would say its possible that its anxiety.
Blank
If you've had an MRI done, then you shouldn't be worrying about your head pain in terms of anything serious. My anxiety causes a weird, burning like sensation, along with migraines (with nausea) and tension headaches. It's not fun, but relieve the anxiety, and the head pain should go away.
Blank
yes i have random shooting pains through my head they are tension or cluster headaches,all related to anxiety,once you learn to ignore them they do subside,anxiety hey its a living nightmare.
Blank
yes i get all the time weird pain in head, doc says blood flow is decreased with anxiety in head thats why
Blank
1328913_tn?1279182846
i am too am having these weird head pains...mainly in the same spot, ive had a CT scan and all good, so my doc told me its anxiety! im hard to be convinced but must learn to trust the doctors...i feel your pain and hope you get better thru tym..
Blank
946813_tn?1299970178
I too have recently experienced some strange pains in my head - brief, sharp pain in the back of my head, then the next day the area feels kind of bruised/sore to the touch.  It happened a week or so ago and I went to the chiropractor for an adjustment, I guess it helped...?  Then I had it again last night.  I have some "health anxiety" issues, so it makes it difficult for me to sleep well when I have pain like that - night seems to exaggerate my anxiety/worry about things.  Anyway, I've been REALLY stressed out lately and I know in the past I've been told that my head/scalp have been tight - like the muscles in my neck.  I think that's what's causing my pain.  And from other posts I've read, it seems that stress and anxiety can cause pains in the head.... Sometimes it can help to know other people are going through similar pain....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
4059843_tn?1402216397
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Head in the books Marcy. Do... Comment
3 hrs ago
4059843_tn?1402216397
Blank
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
3 hrs ago
1926359_tn?1331591739
Blank
lulu747 commented on 8 months off Subutex ...
3 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA
Blank