Anxiety Community
What can cause and almost constant flow of adrenaline in you system?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have had anxiety and depression issues for the last five months. I am on meds that have help with both. I still have the feeling of almost a constant adrenaline rush going on. My hands and feet are hot. I sweat allot. My heart rate goes from around 70 bpm to around 110 bpm and stays there for hours. I'm beginning to wonder if there is something physically wrong. I thought it was and emotional thing but maybe not. It all started with high anxiety. Then I became depressed over the anxiety not going away. I thought meds would take care of it. Now I'm wondering which came first, the chicken or the egg so to speak.
If you have been on meds for five MONTHS but are still experiencing all the symptoms you've written about, I personally would waste no time getting back with my doctor! I don't think your meds are working as well as you think. There may very well be a seconday issue that hasn't been properly dealt with.
Good question that............chicken or the egg. I'd ask my doctor. He probably won't know either, but he DOES need to know that your still having problems.
Make an appointment!
Peace
Greenlydia    
Don't get hung up on "adrenaline."  You really don't know you're overproducing adrenaline, just that you're still suffering symptoms of anxiety.  One thing you can try is the herb holy basil, which helps control cortisol production, and adaptogenic herbs such as eleuthero and ashwagandha, which help keep the adrenals function well.  You might in fact need to alter dosages of your meds or change them, but don't expect medication to ever completely get rid of your symptoms.  Only a cure can do that, and meds don't cure, they only treat symptoms.  Some are lucky and get a pretty thorough elimination of symptoms, but most don't, they just get to live better lives, not cured lives.  If there's a cure it comes through the work of therapy, not medication, but the medication helps tamp down the awful feeling when it works so you're willing to do the hard work of therapy.
you can also go to endocronologist and have your adrenial function test done to see if yours are overactive if that would make you feel better...
melimeli commented on Who am I?
25 mins ago
melimeli commented on mhv's status
26 mins ago
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
1 hr ago