Anxiety Community
What to do for Nervous Stomach?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

What to do for Nervous Stomach?

I've been suffering with a nervous stomach. I sleep fine and then I wake up feeling like I want to throw up and keep gagging. I wake up with a tightness in my throat. I don't like the sight of food in the morning. I feel like I have a 100 butterflies in my stomach. Any suggestions to help calm down the stomach?
Are you under a lot of stress during the day?  Have you asked your doctor about this?  I know my stomach ties up in knots when I am nervous, but there could be other causes.  I would just get it checked out our have you tried some over the counter medications that could help relieve the pain?  
Hi there.  When my stomach hurts, which it has much of the time, I breathe deep, I eat yogurt, and I try to stretching my stomach.  Definitely go to a gastrointerologist, they can totally give you meds to help your stomach relax.  Eating bland food until you get over the episode also helps.  So sorry you're having this.  Anti nauseous med's should help, too.
Like you, I can not eat first thing in the morning.  Sometimes it is the rhythm of your body.  Take some time to relax when you get up, take a shower or bath... don't try to force yourself to eat...
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem... since last April I've had the constant feeling of gagging/ a sour feeling in my stomach... at first I thought I had a legit stomach problem so I went to the doctor and blood tests came back normal... now I realize it's anxiety that is causing it.... i'm too afraid to go on medication so i am painfully living with it... i had a panic attack this winter and i am constantly afraid i am going to faint/throw-up whenever i am in public... god it *****...
yeahh I am very nervous in the morning. I take a shower and sometimes the feeling is still there. I havent gone to check out my stomach yet but I know it is just anxiety. I feel like I am in panic mode all day! Kevin I have the same things as you and I refuse to take medicine too! I'm scared of the side effects and being addicted or something. You can conquer this without it because I have before. I am afraid too that I am going to faint and throw up and also that I don;t have an escape. I get panic when I feel trapped somewhere.
Avatar n tn
Hi my daughter is 6 and is doing the same thing ,ever morning before school she will not eat or drink anything,she gags all the way to school and throws up.it is so hard being a mom and not being able to help your kid, the doctors will not give her any meds for it and have told me it is anxiety which I already knew but what can I do to help with the getting sick and tummy pains?this has been going on for 2 years,does anyone have any ideas?
I get like this too but I have a fear of vomiting so I think its anxiety driven.  I pop 2 tums and that helps me to settle my stomach, maybe that could help
yes,same too me
any soloution  ?
Your means throw up is vomit or need to go toilet for ******** ?
It's important to not go to bed on a empty stomach. When you do it allows your stomach to build up acid as you sleep. This causes a lot of the sour in your stomach. If you have food than the stomach will work on that while you sleep. It really works. I eat a peanut and jelly sandwiches before bed. Please try it!  Also my doctor said taking a benadryl would relax the body as you sleep.  
mishymoshymarcy Im forgetting to breathe. Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
specialmom Woot woot. Tournament cha... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms