Anxiety Community
Why am I having racing thoughts and repeating words?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have been having this very annoying and scary behavior for the past few days.  It all started with me waking up in the middle of the night and as I was trying to fall back asleep, there were words and visions (sometimes scary) just constantly flashing in my head and racing. I don't hear anything.  It's just thoughts.  Ever since then, when I watch TV, I repeat in my head everything they say.  When I don't think about it, I stop, but when I remember that I was doing it, I start again. It's making me feel crazy.  I suffer from anxiety/depression and i have been under a lot of stress for a while due to medical problems, pain, and an impending move to another city.  Is this anxiety or am I really losing it??
Sounds very much like OCD and anxiety. I have severe OCD and I have crazy thoughts and repeat words also. When I was a kid that was my main thing I did. Whenever someone spoke to me, I always had to repeat the last 3 words that came out of their mouths. It drove everyone crazy! lol  You know it's OCD when you have an intense feeling of anxiety associated with the little rituals and obsessions that you do. If  you try to suppress the urge to repeat what you hear in your head do you feel a lot of anxiety and do you feel compelled to repeat them? If so, I'd say this is classic OCD. But I am not a Doctor and really only a Doctor can diagnose you, but coming from someone who has OCD, this sounds a lot like it. There's help though!
jedsie commented on Why You Might Have A ...
1 hr ago
OncecleanNserene commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status