Why am I having racing thoughts and repeating words?
I have been having this very annoying and scary behavior for the past few days.  It all started with me waking up in the middle of the night and as I was trying to fall back asleep, there were words and visions (sometimes scary) just constantly flashing in my head and racing. I don't hear anything.  It's just thoughts.  Ever since then, when I watch TV, I repeat in my head everything they say.  When I don't think about it, I stop, but when I remember that I was doing it, I start again. It's making me feel crazy.  I suffer from anxiety/depression and i have been under a lot of stress for a while due to medical problems, pain, and an impending move to another city.  Is this anxiety or am I really losing it??
Sounds very much like OCD and anxiety. I have severe OCD and I have crazy thoughts and repeat words also. When I was a kid that was my main thing I did. Whenever someone spoke to me, I always had to repeat the last 3 words that came out of their mouths. It drove everyone crazy! lol  You know it's OCD when you have an intense feeling of anxiety associated with the little rituals and obsessions that you do. If  you try to suppress the urge to repeat what you hear in your head do you feel a lot of anxiety and do you feel compelled to repeat them? If so, I'd say this is classic OCD. But I am not a Doctor and really only a Doctor can diagnose you, but coming from someone who has OCD, this sounds a lot like it. There's help though!

I have anxiety and ocd and need help big time. I,ve prayed but I was on injections of the highest dose of Invega only because I rejected taking olanzapine because I am a mum.
I have severe Akathisa from my meds Invega Sustenna that has now stopped,but nearly after 12 months later,I am stil experiencing very bad akathisia,I am now on 125mg lithium daily & also take one Lorazepam daily to keep the akathisia at bay.I have trouble getting words out sometimes,I occasionally repat the same sentences over & over,never had or been like this before it's very frustrating,I also find it hard to sleep at night,as my mind won't switch off.I have mentioned all this to my psyc Dr but he thinks it's my 'mental illness' or 'relapse',when I know it's the meds & akathisia,I don't have the energy to keep up with my husband or friends,I want to gradually wean myself from these toxic meds from my body for good,but I know I am going to have a very rough road ahead.
Any members on here from Australia that are experiencing old or Aathisia?