Anxiety Community
World of the Hypochondriac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

World of the Hypochondriac

Hello Everyone,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to read my rant, and know that anyone whom replies is truly helping me. Ok, for those who don't know by definition Hypochondria "is a belief that physical symptoms are signs of a serious illness, even when there is no medical evidence to support the presence of an illness." I have been dealing with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) for about a year and half now; im 21 by the way, and subsquently developed my hypochondria. My two fears are my heart and HIV, at first my heart issues where the only thing troubling me. Did the whole nine yards and back with that issue with ER visits, cardiologist visits and medications to control my anxiety. Then one ordinary day I did something a little out of character for me and had sex with a girl I wasn't dating. To most this is rather routine for most people and they can go on living a normal life, not me. My mind started to race and went to the worst thing HIV contraction. With all the physical symptoms my anxiety brings along it is hard to distinguish between whats anxiety and whats not. I started to do what all hypochondriacs do, took to the worldwide web and became a google doctor able to diagnose myself. I began to look for things without knowing what they actually are, for example looking for swollen lymph nodes when in fact it could be ust a normal part of my anatomy that I was feeling. Checking my temperature 10 times a day...... seriously, I have become my own worst enemy. I have been tested for the virus now 4 times all negative but yet my mind still wonders and my thoughts become more farfetched as time passes. Believing I can contact this virus through everyday activity, my hypochondria runs my life. I currently do not see anyone for this awful thing, nor do I take any medications so I do apologize for the length of my rant for it ha been bottled inside me for so long. If anyone could relate or shine some light onto my situation anything would be greatly appriciated. Much love
-Brendan
LindaTX Tommy.....it's been 3 years... Comment
13 mins ago
LindaTX commented on Lolo cat of the week ...
35 mins ago
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
50 mins ago