Anxiety Community
Xanax and Lexapro

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Xanax and Lexapro

Did Lexapro make you feel dull neither happy or sad I couldn't cry and even though I had horrible anxiety attacks hence the xanax  the lexapro made me feel horrible,  I have been off of it since May and I can't believe the difference.I can cry when I am sad I feel the difference between right and wrong, my kids can't believe the difference since I have been off the Lexapro had anyone else experienced that dull feeling while on the Lexapro?

Hi lyerhc.  I was on Lexapro for only 3 full weeks.  What you described, is the very reason I too decieded to talk with my doctor and have him take me off.  At 2 weeks, I was becoming more and more dull with each passing day.  I could not cry, even when I wanted or needed too.  I did not care to carry a conversation with anyone; nor, did I care to listen to one. Granted, I was no longer feeling negatives like sadness, depression or anxiety; but, I also was not experiencing positives such as happiness, joy, contentment, etc.  I couldn't even explain "what" it was that I was feeling.  More like "nothing" one way or the other.  

However, on the other side, I've heard that Lexapro has really helped alot of people and that it does not affect them in that way.  It was just not the one for me, in my case.

I had the same effects on Lexapro!  I got off of it today and was prescribed Zoloft.  Im hoping I wont get what lexapro gave me.  I hated it so much!  that drug is worthless to me!  I felt like a zombie!
Good Luck on the Zoloft, thanks for your comments about the Lexapro, I am like a different person now that I am off of it, I can have appropiate emotions and be happy or sad when the situation arises. It was a horrible feeling not being able to cry or acting the same way about good news or bad news its like it didn't matter. Let me know how it goes with the Zoloft, it takes awhile to kick in so be patient.lyerhc
In the past yr I have been on celexa, lexapro , Zoloft and now back on lexapro because the 200 mg of Zoloft was making me shakey (shaky).  None of these AD's seem to work aty anxiety and depression.  The only slight relief I get is from klonopin, which I have been on for a yr also (low dose .25mg 3x's a day.  My podcast keeps telling me to be patient because it takes time for these mess to work . He has also just added seroquel which I haven't taken yet because I am too scared to add something else to the mix.  I am 5' and 90 lbs.  keeping weight on has been an issue .  My anxiety is so bad at times I dry heave or vomit.  I am desperate for the right answers
Vance2335 commented on RiziKhan's status
53 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy I will NOT sink. Marcy come... Comment
RT93 joined this community
Welcome them!