Anxiety Community
Xanax withdrawals
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Xanax withdrawals

How log should I experience with drawals from a two week use of xanax at 1 mg or the last few days I have cut them im half taken them as needed.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Xanax has a relatively short half life, about 6 hours.  Total withdrawal is about 14 days after the last dosage of the drug. The worst part of the withdrawal is the first 5 or 6 days and then it begins to get better.  Two weeks isn't too long to be on this drug so ask your doctor for a lower dose if the withdrawal is too difficult.  The worse symptoms of withdrawal can be rebound high blood pressure, so watch out for that.  If you experience dizziness, weakness, chest pains, shortness of breath, or headaches you may be experiencing higher blood pressure than you normally would. Get your blood pressure checked. If rebound high blood pressure occurs, begin taking the Xanax again to bring it down and ask you doctor for a lower dose to wean down to before attempting to go off again.  The lowest dosage for Xanax is 0.25mg, and you can take half of that.   good luck
Blank
Does Xanax lower blood pressure?
Blank
Thank You I have been feelin short breath almost to the point were I feel like I am going to hyperventalate  I take half of the 1mg pill and I feel better so I going  to ask if he can give .25  now so I can hopefully ease it out of my system. It funny because it does not feel like any of my anxiety systoms but I knew there was something else doing tit to me.
Blank
yes
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
242912_tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on 10356's status
11 hrs ago
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank