Anxiety Community
anxiety attacks, ride side pain and hypoglycemia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I am 29 yrs old and I have had occasional ( once or twice a week ) lower right side pain and hypoglycemia issues my entire life.  When I was in my early 20s I began having anxiety attacks on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.  Medication has lessened the attacks but I still have them once or twice a month.  I have developed a bit of a theory that maybe the side pain, low blood sugar and panic attacks may somehow be related?  The pain comes from the area of my adrenal glands and I wonder if there could be a connection?  I have discussed all these issues with my doctor separately over the years, but never as connected symptoms.  I've never had any satisfactory answers for the pain or hypoglycemia either.  Any suggestions on my connection theory would be helpful.
i have anixety problems and also hypoglycemia, and i noticed that when i start eating the wrong stuff and not taking care of my sugar it makes my anxiety go nuts..and i heard that hypoglycemia can actually cause anxiety..just out of curiosity where are the adrenal glands
The adrenal glands sit at the top of each kidney, which are located on both the left and right hand side just below the last rib.....

I have also low blood sugar problems for yrs now and have always fought with my GP's over the years stating that i KNOW there is a connectin with them and my anxiety... Sometimes i have to eat several small meals a day to make sure there is a balance and my blood sugar is stable, if not i firstly get anxiety and if i ignore this it  quckly develops into a hypoglycemic attack...

I have now been diganosed as having glucose Intolerance after yrs of being tested for Diabetes.  I use a blood monitoring kit to keep an eye on things and make sure my B.G doesn't go too low, maybe you should invest in one to and this wll indicate if you are at risk of developing Diabetes...

Don't put up with any **** from ur doc as if the condition is actually dignosed you can be put onto tablets to balance out your blood sugar and stop it from lowering too much, mine though for yrs kept saying that all i need to do is eat!!! Have always been naturally thin but he took it for not eating right....

Make sure you go have a propercheck up and discuss ALL the problems you have mentioned... I also found cutting out E numbers and additives helps alot.
Lev1Fagan commented on Derealization and Dep...
2 mins ago
GodiisAlmighty commented on A very inspiring colu...
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status