My senior year in high school i was really laid back, i had never smoked weed until this year and it was only occasionally. As the summer moved in i smoked religiously, it would be weird to go a night sober. i noticed throughout the summer i was getting very anxious or something. I thought maybe i had ADD because i couldn't just sit and watch a movie or anything i always had to be doing something or I'd freak out, it was also hard to concentrate on homework, i would get so distracted so easily. Ive also always had a hard time falling asleep at night, but once i get sleeping i can sleep forever and still feel tired. anyways, i'm now a freshman in college and had a very bad experience with weed. i smoked not alot, but felt completely too high to the point where i was dizzy, everything i saw was blurred together, and felt sick. I ended up passing out in the main lobby of my college and could hardly walk to my room. i still felt horrible and i could feel everything in my body crawling. after that i quit smoking. i couldnt sleep at night. i would be falling asleep around 4:30 each night, one night i just couldnt sleep at all and stayed up 36 hours. After that, the next night when i still couldn't sleep, i had a panic attack, used my inhaler (used to have asthma) and then went to the hospital. they said i may have anxiety and they gave me 15 pills of ambian. obviously that wasnt going to last me forever. anyways, i smoked for the first time since that incident and the same exact thing happened, different weed too. is there something wrong with the nervous system in my body? i dont know if i have add or anxiety or insomnia or everything, i also dont know the best way to go about getting help...
If you had no symptoms of anxiety BEFORE you began smoking, (and according to what you wrote, you were smoking weed like a house afire) then it's my humble GUESS that the weed is at the root of your problems now. You also must take into consideration the move from high school to college. It's a big step and can create it's own set of anxieties even without weed being involved, but mix the two and it can exacerbate the anxiety. That the ER seemed to think it was anxiety and only gave you Ambien to sleep was a bit slack on their part in my opinion.
I would suggest you see your doctor and discuss this with him/her. If you're at a four year university, then go to the infirmary and talk to them. Sounds to me like you should have a good medical check up and then possibly some talk therapy to help you through this.
You have just begun some of the toughest, but very best years of your life. Please get some help, get your life back so you can take joy in your life again.
you should just stop smoking man, i love weed dude but it makes anxiety alot worse in most ppl..although i kno it ***** since ur in collage and u see other ppl smoke and there fine and just enjoying themselves, but its just not worth it
I began smoking at the age of 12 and now im 22 do the math.. And recently ( 5 months ago ) i have been suffering from generalized anxiety because of strange physical symptoms and my mom told me she was going to die from cancer... Even tho i smoked a lot of weed before now that i have anxiety i can't smoke anymore since there's like 70% chance it will trigger a panic attack ( the other 30% is when i smoke weed while drunk this wont trigger an attack )... So yeah you need to stop smoking untill you are perfer on the mental. I know when i was perfert in my head i could use any drug like lsd , ectasy and much more without ever feeling psychotic at all en enjoying it at the most and i was teeling myself hehe im invincible mentally give me what you have... ( i was young ok now i don't do drugs this was part of my experimentations ). My point is, when you become unstable mentally you jus need to stay away from drug that need good mental health to be succesful, otherwise there's an effect in which the drug do the oposite effect that its supposed to do. You're a freshman = stress , stress can lead to anxiety and weed can trigger anxiety... thats it... depends on what dose you take too... small dose tend to be more euphoric and high dose more depressive... but i woudlnt try smoking again untill you are more in shape mentally and less stressed out. And smoking + school is not a good idea lol It almost ruined my high school years... even tho it was fun to draw and sleep all day long.....
Good luck and stay away from the weed untill you feel you can or in exeption like a big party with alcool..
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.