Anxiety Community
best med for anxiety

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

best med for anxiety

lexapro?  venlafaxine?  mirtazapine? ??
  • confused (4 replies):
    i was diagnosed with anxiety last week and i was given p...[more]
  • voices (2 replies):
    I am on meds to help with voices telling me to do bad th...[more]
  • Is meds necessary for anxiety (9 replies):
    So i just wondered does any one not take meds and still ...[more]
  • Asneezia (4 replies):
    Does anyone have any information on this disorder (Asnee...[more]
  • anxiety (4 replies):
    Hi, I'm on zolof, welbutrin & trazadone. I have been fe...[more]
Hi Again (Mini-Me)
Sorry, but like I said in our last posting, your username has me squinting at the computer like an old gal. Oh wait..........I AM an old gal. Where the hell did I leave my glasses???
Sorry that I can't give you a definitive answer to your question. Not being doctors, the best ANY of us on this forum can do is give you our opinions of the meds we personally have knowledge of. Which does YOU no good at all. Nor should it. Only you and your doctor, working as a team, can or should make this decision. You can read many posts here and find out what other folks have to say about each of these meds, but bear in mind that what works for one person, may be totally wrong for you. And some of us have to try several different ones before we hit on the one that works for us and has the least amount of side effects.
It certainly wouldn't hurt for you to have some "real" education about different meds when you're talking to your doctor. If these three are the ones you are thinking about trying, go on the Net and read up on them, but make sure you are at a site that is NOT sponsored by the med in question! The information you read there, while not untrue, is skewed towards making you think this is the magic bullet, and they do tend to downplay the side effects to a certain degree.
But again, I would tell you to discuss this with your doc and ask him/her lots of questions about any med they hastily script out to you. Knowledge IS power. Go in armed!
Good luck!
Peace
Greenlydia  
I was wondering the same question..
Everyone else thats on medication.. What would you say works?

[oh and btw, are all medications the same in the US and the UK? I live in the UK and im not sure what medications it has to offer... can any one help? thanks]
Greenlydia is right about the meds.  We really can't tell you which one works the best, because we are all different.  One may work great for someone while it is not so good for another. I worked closely with my doctor and therapist to find out which one worked for me and I found it a useful tool along with therapy in overcoming and dealing with anxiety.
Barb135 commented on AnnieBrooke's status
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
mishymoshymarcy Find me where the wild thin... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms