Anxiety Community
blood pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

blood pressure

can anxiety make your blood pressure go up and down from one reading to the next...like seconds later? i took it once and it was 119/70 good then i took it again right after and it was down to 107/64 anyone who might have had this also please let me know!!  thanks
It's not from anxiety. Your blood pressure flucuates from one minute to the next. It changes constantly through out the day. Nothing to be alarmed about. Anxiety can make your blood pressure go up though, I am just saying that your readings are normal to be the way that they are.
but its even gotten as low as 97 over 49 and one of them had a reading of something over 43 i dont remember the top number so i had my mom call ask a nurse and she seems to think its fine... but i dont know, and as soon i start to panic it of coarse goes back to a number im used to or at least like!!
I was feeling very relaxed last night and mine was 99/53.  After I went out and got some dinner, it was 119/57.  tostressed is right.  Blood pressure changes from second to second and as long as it stays in the "safe" range, you're fine.  Your readings are very good.  Excellent.  Anxiety can make it go up, but it will come back down once the anxiety is over.  Mine goes up a little at the doctor, not because I'm scared, but because I feel impatient there.  A higher reading now and then won't hurt you, the readings you've told us about are great.  Don't be concerned over it.  Just eat healthy and exercise and try to keep your good health all your life.  Don't worry! :)
Oh, if you're taking your own blood pressure, you need to wait at least five minutes after taking it before you take it again in order to get an accurate reading.  You mentioned you "took it again right after."  If that's immediately after, you need to wait at least five minutes (I wait ten) in order to get an accurate reading.  But don't worry.  Your blood pressure is fine and you're too young to let your life be consumed with worry over something that's good.
Today i think i made progress
36 mins ago by jonny_woods
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...