Anxiety Community
burning, tingling............from zoloft?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

i was on zoloft (50mg) for about a month then stop 3 weeks ago cold turkey....then i started to have some tingling, burning sensation and feel pain on my skin...it was mild but it increasing in the 3rd week after i stop

when i was on zoloft i also have a bit of tingling and burning feeling but not as much as now...is this normal withdrawl (withdrawal) side effect? i research on the net and found relationship between tingling and zoloft....is anyone has any idea how long will it take until this crazy thing will go away and anything i can do to get this symptom out quicker?
This can happen with Zoloft but the effect your are feeling may be from quiting cold turkey.  You probably should have weened yourself off of it but if you were on ly on it for 3 weeks, then it might not have gotten into your system full.  But the tingling will go away.  It can be the thought of it that is making it happen as well.  The mind plays amazing tricks.

I was on Zoloft for about 8 months and I loved it.  It really helped me with my anxiety and I had no side effects except tiredness at first.  When I first started, I took it in the morning and I was dragging all day.  Then, I switched to taking it before I went to bed and felt nothing and had great nights sleeping and felt great all the next day.

I really wished it would have worked for you but don't know if you want to give it another shot but I would say it takes a good month to get fully into the system and work.

Good luck
Jade59 commented on photo
1 hr ago
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
specialmom commented on skepticalpeach's status