Anxiety Community
can rib pain be caused by anxiety??

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

can rib pain be caused by anxiety??

can anxety cause you to have a pain in your rib? its almost like a pulled muscle or something and sometimes when i touch it it almost feels bruised.
I experience the same thing. I really believe that the muscles that get tensed up (chest, between shoulder blades, neck, back of the head) actually get sore from constantly being bunched up. I ran that by the doc and he said he didn't have any better idea. Sometimes ibuprofin helps better then the Ativan because just getting rid of the pain that causes the anxiety helps to break the cycle. Love...
yeah i get the whole tension thing in the upper body to.
I am under severe anxiety /stress at present;i have had a tender spot on the right side below/behind the bottom rib.couldnt sleep on that side;it the flared up into pressure behind /below the ribs, right across to the left side;had blood tests and ultasound as doc suspected liver-everything ok;Doc asked what i thought-i said is it an ulcer with stress; he gave me pills said if it were an ulcer they would clear it;they worked;however a month after the course the pain is back and i need to see him for more;so i believe the stress causes the ulcer which along with the excessive burping and tenseness, causes the rib pain
oh my god, i always get burning sensations below my ribs, especially on the right side, i thought it was my indigestion or something.  but i have anxiety, with knots in my neck and everything.  Wow, i never thought it might be giving me these other aches and pains...interesting
Jade59 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Avatar n tn
steve263 commented on A very inspiring colu...
30th June
10 hrs ago by char1234vass
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms