clonazepam
from dec 21 i was on ativan until feb 18 then the doctor switched me to clonazepam the doctor prescribed me 1 mg at bedtime from taking 4 mg of ativan a day. I could not do that i was getting major withdrawal symptoms so i went back to the doctor and he said to take 3 pills of clonazepam a day. My question is , is it normal to feel really really angry and anxiety all the time, like im going crazy, yes i have had a past history of drug abuse which ive been clean now for a few years.i do not like this drug ive never had any problems until the doctors prescribed it to me for sleeping. Can alot of stress in general add to the effect of clonazepam?  
Coming off of 4mg of Ativan he definitely should have had you take the clonazepam twice daily (once in the am and once in the pm), especially since the half life is about 12 hours.  Did you go cold-turkey on the ativan?

If you completely cut out the ativan you are most certainly having some withdrawls from cutting the ativan out, and that will give you anxiety maybe more intense than the anxiety that caused you to start taking the benzos.  The clonazepam will attain its desired efficacy in about 2 weeks from the time you start taking it.  However, since you were only on it once per day (i think is what your post says) it may take longer to reach it's maximum efficacy, especially if you are taking 2x or 3x daily now.  Everything should be fine by two weeks after starting your regular clonazepam dose.  
thank-you very much for your reply it was really helpfull. Ive been taking clonazepam 3x a day for 2 days now, i go see my doctor next week. I have one more question for you ive been feeling a pressure on the left side of my head with ice pick headaches, could this all be related to the swith from the ativan to clonazepam? i did have an inner ear problem which i am going to see a ENT for also next week. If you have any more info you would like to share with me regarding clonazepam including how to wean off the stuff it would be greatly appreciated.
hello again i have one more quick question, if i decide to come off the clonazepam is there any medication out there that doctors can prescribe to help with the withdrawals. thanx so much
As with any benzodiazepine, when you come off of clonazepam you should taper off of it in more or less two week increments of declining dosages.  However this is something you MUST discuss with your doctor before doing it, this is not something you just decide to do on your own without his/her input.  Your taper schedule will also depend on how long you have been taking the clonazepam when you decide to taper off of it.

RE: the headaches.  Anxiety causes us all kinds of physical symptoms.  I have not had headaches caused by my anxiety but I'm sure there are some individuals on this forum who have.  Of course it could be due to your inner ear problem too.
ty amish for your input youve been much help. your help has been much appreciated.
i get horrible headaches from my anxiety.  really bad.
sorry that last post was to poolman, not amish. i apologize.