driving issues
I have to drive my kids to school every day 25 miles, then drive around ALL day doing my jobs, then drive home at night, plus all their sports. Driving causes me extreme anxiety. WhenI know I don't have to drive, I am better, but I can spend days worrying about driving. I am so tense during driving that by the time I get to my destination, I am keyed up, cannot breath, am lightheaded, and sometimes eventually have an attack. My whole life centers around driving. Has anyone had this issue and if so, how have they resolved it? When I stayed at my mom's for 2 weeks and didn't drive at all, I was feeling really good.
Thanks!
I have been going thru the same thing for a long time. I'm currently in the process of trying to overcome it. It's mind over matter. Believe me, i know it's easier said than done! I start worrying that i'll pass out while driving and worrying i'll have an attack while driving...iknow exactly what you're talking about. I just know that gaining more confidence in yourself helps and on days in which you can drive and achieve not feeling so anxious, give yourself a pat on the back...it helps in building you self-esteem. I truly think that self confidence is a biggy in overcoming it.
am also suffering 4m tat!!!!infact many do....i have many things like tat.!! like when speaking to any elderlly person (i show a lot of respect and talk calmly) i feel or have a illusion of slapping the person or demeaing him...i am surviving with it...infact many ...neednot worry i think
rememver if u concentrate more on it ...more it happens ...try to speak about it to ur close frenz or parents but never crib about it...this is what i think is the best way to handle the problem
ive never been clausetrophobic in my life but my attacks are worse in a car especially if im in the back seat.there have been times ive had to pull over or i felt like i was gonna pass out and die,especially if im waitin at red light for ever i get real ancy.sux your life is evolved around driving.hope it all works out

cheers
Anxiety can really throw us for a loop.  When I started really suffering from it years ago, it got to the point that I did not enjoy driving at all.  I was constantly keyed up and worried about everything.  I really agree with the above members about the mind over matter; that is how we deal with anxiety anyway.  Have you ever sought help for your anxiety through talk therapy?  For me, this was the most important step in overcoming anxiety...learning about this pattern and that many people go through exactly what you are going through can help one overcome it...keep us posted!