Anxiety Community
frustrated and dont know what to do

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

frustrated and dont know what to do

My 6 year old son cries every morning before school, and tries to come up with any reason not to go, what do i do? i have tried everything that i could think of whithout loosing control, and getting frustrated with him, i love my son and dont like to leave him upset and crying. What do i do please help.Is their something to ease the anxiety for a 6 year old?
Have you talked to him about why it is that he doesn't want to go to school? Does he have any specific reasons?
Talk to his teacher to see how he is while in school, for example, does he interact with the other kids, des his work, is he withdrawn?  I used to tape a family photo to the inside of my kids lunch boxes, and this reassured them that no matter what, they were coming home to us at the end of the day. They got over this long before I did! LOL  Talk to your son and find out why it is so upsetting to him, when he knows you will be there for him right after school.  You need to keep a line of communication going as well with his teacher.  Often they are fine after you leave, and I do understand you not wanting to leave him like this.  It breaks your heart!  Stay with us while others post advice to you, and take care!
I have talked to him about why he doesnt want to go to school, he says its to long , its to hard, he doesnt know, his belly hurts while he is there. He gives lots of different answers none specific.He is the youngest of three sisters ages 17,19,21.
And he is usually always with me or his dad. It has a lot to do with seperation, i think .Its just so hard.thanks for your input anything helps.
Hi, I  have talked to his teacher he is fine after i leave and he settles down, and at the end of everyday he has the biggest smile on his face when i pick him up.The picture idea is great i will try that for a little more comfort, i have talked with him many times this is an everyday thing, he gives many reasons. i know im doing the right thing by leaving him its just so upsetting, for both of us, its a seperation thing i hope he grows out of it. we are going to talk with his doctor on wednesday to see what suggestions she has for us that might help. I have tried talking with him, rewarding him on the good days but it always seems to go back to the difficult days more than the good ones. thanks for the input everthing helps, especially comunicating with people, i dont feel so alone.
ashler1977 commented on ashler1977's status
7 mins ago
8 mins ago
ash009 my goal to reduce 5 kgs in ... Comment