Anxiety Community
health anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

health anxiety

Hello everyone, well my situation is really overwhelming, i never thought it was serious or anxiety related, to this day i believe i have something thing wrong! Im a big hypochondriac, i fear about everything, my latest fears are lung cancer, heart disease, parasites, and wisdom tooth infection that causes brain swelling! It comes and goes, one day im perfect, then the next im thinking im going to die! It takes a toll on me, it gets me down and depressed. Im so afraid that i will go crazy and or my health will really get affected by this anxiety. Does anyone else have this problem?
Lots of us with anxiety go through health worries. I've spent more nights in the emergency room then I'd like to admit. See your doctor and tell him your concerns. He can order tests to rule things out. This will give you a bit of peace hopefully.
Health anxiety is a very common form of anxiety.. In fact I too suffer from this kind of anxiety so I know exactly what you are going through... I spend most days worrying about every sensation I feel in my body and monitoring my vitals all the time.. My preoccupation with my anxiety is my heart along with my extreme fear of dying.. together it makes for a living hell filled with constant fear and anxiety...trust me when I say you will not go crazy from anxiety even though I know it may feel like it..however anxiety also puts your body under a great deal of stress and as we all know stress can cause a lot of damage to our health.. Which is also something I worry about.. It is a never ending cycle of worry, fear and anxiety.. So know that you are not alone in your fight against anxiety we are all here and willing to listen :)
i have found with this anxiety stuff that i obsess always about something, be it a health issue, a feeling a thought etc etc. i am trying to learn to better control my thoughts and allow accept and notice. i have found some meditations on facebook just doing a search of eckhart tolle, chopa, and other masters of the power of now and mind and thought control. i do still worry sometimes. i get dizzy alot and am trying to learn to allow and accept while discussing with my doctor to see if there is a underlying medical reason. i have a large amount of heart disease in my family so i do keep track of bp cholestoerol and such and exercise and get out everday as well as do the meditations to try to limit the toll on my body. hope i am on the right track! I know it doesn't just go away but determined to do what i am able to help myself and learn to face my fears. good luck to us all!
Yes yes and yes i have dealt with anxiety for several years now and the only way I can control it is to shut off my thoughts if you feel a thought coming on that you don't want to think just turn it off I know it isn't easy... turn the tv on loud or anything to get mind off thought. You are still a strong person when you need to be it just doesn't seem like it at times. Hang in there and learn to control it because chances are you can't get rid of it:)) anxious in Seattle
GodiisAlmighty commented on A very inspiring colu...
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status