Anxiety Community
how long does xanax stay in your system

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

how long does xanax stay in your system

I take xanax once in a while if I have a panick attack.  I know it is short acting but how long does it stay in your system?  Is it 4 or 6 hours?  The reason I am asking is sometimes if I have an attack and it helps but by bedtime I might start feeling like I'm going to have another.  So I was worndering if it was the xanax wearing off or if I was just still feeling some more anxiety.  Thanxs to all.  
Most times it is dosed out three times a day. To cover morning, noon and night. You are talking 6 to 8 hours. That's max. Depends on how bad your anxiety is.
I agree with what Mr. Green says. it all depends on the person, someone can take .5mg and it does wonders and works a long time..for others it lasts only the 4 hrs.  Just depends on how bad your anxiety really is. I only take 3 a day as prescribed and It works for me.  no anxiety nor panic..I function just fine!
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms