Anxiety Community
i feel like im dying

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

i feel like im dying

for 8 weeks now my life has been a nightmare. I was standing in line in the bank when all of a sudden I felt like I was going to black out my heart started racing I couldn't swallow I had to lie down while an ambulance was called this happened again when I arrived at er in the ambulance. from there every test has been done all showing negative even my lft showed normal given I have chronic hepc. ever since my life has turned to hell I haven't left the house in weeks for fear I'll black out I have tingling prickling pinching sensations a horrible taste in my mouth and feel generally awful 24 hours a day. some days are much worse than others and the symptoms change regular could this all just b severe anxiety
Sounds like you had a couple panic attacks to me. They can be extremely scary and give you the racing heart and blind vision. It's good that your tests are coming back negative, it shows that nothing life threatening is going on. Anxiety can cause a vast variety of symptoms and make living hard to deal with sometimes? Agoraphobia (fear of leaving the house) can also sometimes spawn from the fear of having another attack. Depression and anxiety go hand and hand so be sure to talk to your doctor about whats going on. Therapy helps many and some people, like myself, take meds to help control their anxiety. Find supportive people to be around, you will be okay! (:
its weird tho coz I was so happy my employer has been very supportive and despite having so many weeks have allowed me another month off work to get better mind you the electrical shock I got at work didn't help I've constantly googled my symptoms since and come up with a range of diseases I can't possibly have I've spent days on end in bed numerous ambulance trips to er with them finding nothing finally they gave me a diazapam and all the symptoms magically disappear with in the hour but were back when it wore off today I've pushed through all the horrid feelings and tried have a normal day its not easy but I'm fighting it hard
You sound EXACTLY like me when I first started having major anxiety problems. Unfortunately it can come out of no where, at anytime, and hit you hard. I was just your average, happy guy before all this started. Sure, I had my usual worries like the job, and money and all that. But sometimes anxiety can really just strike some people hard and out of nowhere so don't be nervous about that. My boss was also very understanding and gave me the time I needed to get myself back mostly to my feet. Mind you that my symptoms really started in late October of last year so I am still learning to cope myself.

The first thing I will tell you is Dr. Google makes everything worse. I stayed online for hours making myself worse thinking I has some awful deadly cancer disease bug that the doctors wern't finding. Like you, I had tests done and they all came back normal. But I would continue to look up things on the internet and be in denial instead of fixing the problem. Finally I went to the doctor and ended up getting on some medication, it has helped to calm me down A LOT. It was rough for a couple weeks after that but once my body adjusted it began feeling much better again.

You have to try and keep your mind at ease and off of yourself, if that makes any sense. Find something that calms you down, read, watch a movie anything that will get you out of the anxiety zone. Try getting out of your house some too. Start small, stay in the backyard, and branch out further as days go. Give yourself goals everyday, staying in the anxiety funk is no fun. Find a good doctor and talk to he/she so they can find out what will work best for you!
anxiety is definitely no fun two months ago I loved life and with in one split moment everything changed it was like I wasn't in my body any more but it doesn't come and go its constant feeling of dread that I am sick well I do have hepc but even my liver function tests are showing normal and my liver is working fine no toxins in my blood or anything no jaundice heptologist said all results r actually very good given I have Geno type1 but think now I'll b pushing for the treatment rather than him keep sayn all looks good wait for a better treatment no matter how scary the side effects sound
I'm glad I stumbled across this site coz I'm so over being told its all in my head when it isn't I really physically feel the tingling pinching shock sensations numbness dizziness n my brain feels yucky and like I'm going to blackout n feel sick all the time anxiety is ruthless I almost cried with relief when I had a 5mg diazapam n I felt semi normal for a few hours
It's gonna take time trust me I know I was in your same situation its gonna take time nor is it gonna be easy but you will feel normal again ....
thanku knowing I'm not alone really helpz
Your more then welcome to private message me
doctor put me on elaxine 37.5 mg start in the morning god I hope this works
I remember I use to feel like I was suffocating everytime I would walk into school. I had severe anxiety and never told anyone because I use to cry as a kid in school and didn't want to seem like a big baby. It really took a toll on my life. I still haven't told anyone how severe it was. I wouldn't want to be put on meds. Its comforting to know people actually go through thisother than me. I use to think I was the only one.
you are not alone . I've felt alone for many years suffering the loss of my daughter 17 years ago not letting people see how afraid of life I had become and finally it took its toll and I had no choice to admit I had a problem because it became debilitating 8 weeks ago and I began suffering the worst anxiety of my life and today I finally broke down in my doctors office after 8 weeks of feeling like I was dying and unable to even leave my house. when he asked about life I finally admitted it all began 8 weeks ago on the day my daughter would have turned 17 . now I know I should not have suffered my greif and fears in silence so long that crying does not mean ur a crybaby and if you need help you should never b afraid to ask. I found it a relief to let someone know how afraid I'd become of the world and trying to hide it for so long led me to a very bad place in life.
what triggered the panic attack was a baby in the bank was screaming all of a sudden the room was spinning and I felt like I was going to black out subconsciously it sent me hurtling back 17 years to being in the neonates with her screaming the bright lights the panic I felt when she wouldn't breathe and again I locked myself away afraid to face the world. until today I hadn't been aware of the trigger until I was talking to a doctor
Cricketk92 commented on katmandu516's status
refills commented on photo
specialmom, and CRSeaside commented on CRSeaside's status