Anxiety Community
i just need some help and advise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

i just need some help and advise

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I have yet to get an obgyn or insurance, I'm 19 and been out on my own since 16, so I really have no family, to help.. I work at McDonald's & I did graduate high school.. I have severe depression and anxiety, so whenever I think about where to start I break down and have suicidal thoughts.. so this is really hard for me.. I just need someone to tell me where to start.. what to do and where to go and how to do it.. I went to the hospital that's how I know I'm 12 weeks I found out when I was 3 weeks and went back at 6 weeks.. so please anyone that knows where to start please help me
Just think rationally..  You don't want to do anything that's going to harm you and your unborn baby! :) I think you should have a chat with your primary care doctor.. And maybe they can refer you to a psychiatrist or a therapist.. I think that will help, the therapist will speak to you one to one and you can discuss everything and let everything out !! Stay positive :) sending hugs!
First thing first...go to your local welfare office. They can show you and give you all the info you need. You'll be able to get insurance and food help. Keep your head up. My daughter is 19 and pregnant too. It will get easier. Talk to your doctor about coping skills for your anxiety and depression. Look into parenting classes too. You are not alone in this. There is help for you.
You need to look into the expanded medicaid and the new health insurance available through the affordable care act (Obamacare), which will offer you subsidized insurance.  Your timing is lucky, because now you can get insurance, you can't be denied because you have a preexisting condition, and the law mandates more coverage for pregnancies.  
Hello there!  Sorry you're having a rough time!

First thing's first, you MUST make getting an OB your biggest priority.  Like others have said, go to your local welfare office and ask what you need to do to get the ball rolling.  You will be covered, even if you wouldn't normally qualify for assistance, because of the pregnancy.  You need to start your prenatal care and be seen by an OB sooner rather than later.  That's also who you would ask for help with the anxiety.  Your OB can make recommendations and referrals for therapy, and if warranted, a psychiatrist to discuss possibly taking medication(s).

Good luck to you, please don't put this off, get to the welfare office ASAP, and get the process started.  Let us know how you're doing!
ash009 That friendship will not co... Comment
27 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy Have faith in yourself hone... Comment
mishymoshymarcy, and ash009 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status