Anxiety Community
internal shaky feeling from anxiety?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

internal shaky feeling from anxiety?

I am 32 years old and when I was a kid I would get vertigo. I didn't have problems with it for a while then I got married and when I got pregnant and was in my 5th month I started getting the vertigo again and it was really bad. By the 9th month of pregnancy the spells stopped and my son is now 12 and I hadn't had any vertigo spells. Last friday I got a weird dizzy spell that I thought was going to start this whole vertigo problem over again and I have been a nervousw wreck ever since. I can go to sleep at night and wake up and my inside feel internally shaky and I keep waking up and cannot get back to sleep right. The shakiness doesn't seem too bad during the day unless I feel really scared again. I am wondering if this shaky feeling is from anxiety and if any of you have experienced this internal shaky feeling I get? If any of you have how have you been able to get it to stop. Please help me with this becaue I feel like a basketcase and I am am afraid to do anything and be by myself.
Anxiety and panic can cause all sorts of weird feelings; many of which you describe in my opinion.  When you had vertigo, did you seek help for it? Have you had anxiety issues in the past?

The good thing is that anxiety can go away as long as you understand it and are willing to confront it.  It can be a vicious cycle that is hard to get out of...you worry-panic-worry and it can really snowball if you don't take control, but in my opinion, you already have.  You are here asking about it, so you have recognized that anxiety can be the cause of this which is the first step in my experience with this.

Do you have access to talk therapy?  If you do, you would be amazed how much knowledge you can gain (and use) when you talk this through with a professional...please keep us posted!
I had all kinds of tests as a child and it was found I had nerve damage in my ear that caused the vertigo. Just the thought of possibly getting vertigo back has thrown me over the edge and the shaky feeling was worrying me more until I started reading some forums. I've had the shaky feeling for almost a week off and on during the day and night and I am starting to assume it is because I have myself so worked up thinking about the vertigo. Does that sound about right?
I've had that internal shaky feeling for a year. It started right after my first panic attack. One day, I was just eating my lunch and suddenly the whole room tilted on me. I thought I was going to black out. Since then, I've had this shaky twitchy feeling all throughout my body sometimes accompanied by dizziness and faintness.
           I've learned that exercise helps incredibly with this problem. When I'm working out, my mind is too preoccupied with my muscles and sweating to worry about the strange feeling. Staying healthy helps so much, as does talking about it with others, journaling, and remaining positive.
           Anxiety can be such a subjective condition; ten different people suffering from severe anxiety might have ten very different sets of symptoms. Likewise, each person requires a cure that's unique to them. Find what makes you happy and calm, find what takes your mind off of this feeling, and put all of your heart and soul into that. That's the best advice I could give to anyone. Good luck.
Jkhiele commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Ruthy55 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
refills commented on atthebeach's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms