Anxiety Community
over use of Afrin nasal spray

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

over use of Afrin nasal spray

i know that you are not supposed to use afrin nasal spray for more than three days in a row, because it causes serious rebound congestion. however, i have been using it for about two or so months just about everyday. i have been using it as directed (2-3 sprays in each nostril every 12 hours). sometime when i use it (like just a few minutes ago) i get really dizzy and feel tired about 10 minutes after using it. is that a side affect of this nasal spray? if so, is it common or should i be concerned? also, my upper jaw by my cheeks feel a little tight and weird. any suggestions?
You should be concerned that you may be addicted to the nasal spray.  Using it this often, for so long is dangerous.  You should see your doctor regarding your usage and new symptoms and go from there. Best wishes.
update: i told my boyfriend that i was dizzy after using it, so he threw it away on me. i don't have any money to buy a new one, and sense we live together he will know if i buy more anyway. i was just wondering if i was going to have a seizure or a brain bleed or anything like that.
Listeria Risk Triggers Huge Frozen ...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
Muzza69 scared Comment
Shadowfluffy6 added the Sleep Tracker
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms