Anxiety Community
question about er tests and upcoming doc appt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Last year I went to the er for cramping and diarrhea that I had had for a month. They checked me and even did a pelvic exam to be sure the cramps weren't being caused by something related to my ovaries/uterus. If abnormal cells were present I'm assuming the er doc would have told me and had me make an appt with my gyno, right?

I have my yearly exam with my gyno coming up in two weeks and they never used to bother me but I'm scared for some reason. There's something in the back of my mind telling me they'll find cancer or an std or something. I'm not at risk for an std on my end. I've been in a monogamous relationship with my bf for 3 years. I highly doubt he's cheated. In fact, I know he hasn't but I keep doing the what if thinking because about 6 years ago my long term bf did cheat and brought home a disease, treatable thankfully. But it terrified me. And my mom just told me about her friend's girlfriend who is 27, a year older than me, being diagnosed with ovarian cancer. So now I'm terrified.

But within the last year I had a pelvic exam that I'm assuming checked out ok...so I should relax. I'm just very scared and am halfway tempted to just cancel the appointment. But I'm not going to.
Hi Erin....defintely don't cancel your appointment.  You would be giving into the irrational thinking if you do and you have made such strides lately.  So get back on that "I'm not going to give in" horse and keep the appointment.  

There is nothing to be terrified about.  You were checked out last year.  The most important thing we women can do for ourselves is get our annual OB/GYN exams.  So go in there with confidence because you are going to be just fine!  
im defintiley not cancelling the appointment. but my anxiety keeps telling me to. i know im being irrational and everything will be ok, but my anxiety just wont let me relax. normally im such a hypochondriac that i'll go to the doc over any little symptom to make sure i'm ok. i don't know why i feel so differently about this.
Missy1231984 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
pixielv commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Coolevelynnn added the Weight Tracker