Anxiety Community
red blothces on neck and chest!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

red blothces on neck and chest!!!!!

First I have to thank everyone for their posts....I can sooo relate to many of them! Wouldn't it be nice if I could stop getting blotches on my chest because I know others have the same problem! I wish that would work! But right know I am blotching just from writing this and reading everyone's experiances. It's been that kind of day!

Really, as many of you can relate, this is really impacting the quality of my life. And I consider myself a outgoing person who enjoys socializing and talking to people. That is until this problem has gone from bad to worse. Now, I live in fear of the anticipated chest and neck blotches! And they come...several times a day for no reason at all. So I find myself dreading going to work or making plans with even close family and friends. Mearly talking with someone I even like at work can bring them on for no reason at all! Imagine when I have to assert myself with someone I don't care for! It can be a hot mess literally! It has gotten to the point that I will get them just because I know I am not wearing a turtle neck, if that makes sense. I hate turtlenecks and am so sick of  them! It's pathetic when you go to a funeral to support a childhood friend who lost her dad, but end up making her uncomfortable because I had red blotches all over. Any emotion I will get them. If I'm not nervous I will still get them and they will make me anxious cause I know I have them!

This started during grad school when I had to give presentations. I could accept them because it seems somewhat normal to get red or nervous when public speaking. Many people do. But, since then it has become an everyday experiance. It is total torture because it is totally weird, makes me feel like a complete mess, and takes away from the my true potential as a person in many ways.

I don't know what first step to take in handeling this problem other than becoming a turtle neck wearing hermit! This is robbing me from the basic good stuff in life, like baby showers (not even mine!), entertaining, advancing my career, interacting with others,parent teacher conferences, wearing a cute necklace, etc.... This list goes on and on! HELP!
Hi, I'm so sorry that you must suffer like this.  Many women (are you a woman?) can relate to - this to an extent.  When they are over 60, their neck and chest will wrinkle, and they are very self conscious of this.  My mother was a gorgeous woman when she was young, and very vain.  She now will not wear anything that doesn't come up high on her neck, because her neck and chest are wrinkled.  I've met other women like this too.  So, you have some company out there.  I also want to tell you something else, I used to sweat when I got nervous.  Mostly my hands.  They would sweat even when I wasn't nervous, but when I was nervous, they dripped with sweat.  Later in life I was put on Paxil for anxiety and also on Depakote.  My hands are now dry and I can tell my whole body fells calmer when I get nervous (if that makes sense..it's not as reved up).  My dr said it's the Depakote.  It's an anti seizure medication and it calms down the nervous system.  MAYBE ( ? ) this would help you.  I have been on it for over 10 years.  At first, it made me tired, but that went away after a couple of months.  I wish you all the best.  Good luck!
Are you currently taking any anti-anxiety meds?  If not, one could potentially help with the red blochiness.  In the meantime, a little bit off pressed wder or foundatin (makeu) ill make it a litte less noticeable.  It's no a real solution, but it will help you to feel less embarassed by it.  
Hi. I see you posted back in March. Have you found any answers to your issue with red blotches? I suffer from the same thing and I feel like it's getting worse with age. I'm 36. It is so embarrassing! People comment & it holds me back from going places, holds me back at work & holds me back from wearing certain clothing. I figured I'd just live with it but I honestly think it's getting worse (more frequent). Do you know anything about ETS surgery? I'm not sure if it's a cure but I may look into it.

I'm really frustrated.
-A
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Paxiled commented on Important Factors Typ...