Anxiety Community
sick of feeling sick !!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

sick of feeling sick !!!!!

the main symptom of my anxiety are stomach probs i feel sick bloated full and unable to eat much cos of the nausea is there anyone else whose anxity manifests this way by the way ive had tests done nothing major and take acid blockers
i used to feel so sick all the time that i couldnt eat a thing,i lost loads of weight it was horrible,i dont know what it is and how i got through it but it has stopped and i dont feel it anymore i hope yours will pass soon
I'm sorry you're feeling this way.  My stomach has been churning since a bad panic attack on Thursday night.  I'm trying to make myself eat something small & healthy like oatmeal because if I just don't eat my stomach feels worse.  Hang in there, you are not alone!
Yes you are certainly not alone.  Gastrointestinal problems are very common with anxiety suffers.  I could never eat much either and frequently when I did I got to taste it twice!  :-)
I had the weakest stomach of anyone I have ever known.  Next to insomnia, this was my worst problem.  On the bright side, both these problems were the first to improve when I got good treatment and they improved quickly.
Are you taking antidepressants?  I've taken at least a few over the years and most of them helped these symptoms very well.
Ask your dr for zofran it works wonders for the nausea and take an ativan with it... I have been dealing with nausea since december and had an endoscopy and ct scan done and they didnt find anythinfg.... hope u feel better soon
I woke up 3 years ago with nausea and upset stomach and I haven't been the same since. In the first three weeks, the doctor thought I had gastritius but when it didn't clear up I went to the gastro specialist. I had 3 endoscopies and a colonoscopy. My gallbladder wasn't working correctly so they took it out. Later, I was diagnost with microscopic colitis which means diarriha quite often (enough to make my weight go down quickly). My flare ups are not as bad but I developed anxiety/naseau from constantly feeling ill and not eating. Not eating can cause naseau..it's a catch 22.

I am better but I have naseau at night almost every night around the same time. I have keep myself awake until the feeling passes otherwise I will wake up many times a night. During the day, I seem to be okay except with motion sickness in a car or plane.

It has taken a considerable hold me (I have sinsus problems) and I had tried anti-pyschotic drugs, therapist, in patient care and they didn't seem to work.

I suffer but not as bad...if it gets worse, I'll seek help again.
I am so sorry that you are feeling this way! I have suffered from anxiety since 8th grade (I am now 21), mainly through stomach problems. I went to countless doctors, homeopaths, and gastrointestinal doctors, only to tell me that nothing was wrong. I can tell from your symptoms that it is anxiety. Are you an insecure person? Do you worry a lot? That is how I was/sort of am, and those anxious thoughts are what cause my stomach pain. If this is you, I know how to cure the anxiety.

First, supplements, not anti depressants. Try taking a stress support multi-vitamin, vitamin d (depending on how much sunlight you get per day, would determine the dosage. Probably 1,000 IU with sun, 4000 IU with out sun per day, and a high potency vitamin B-complex in the dosage recommended. I do completely understand taking an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety pill though. I took one for a long time, and when my anxiety gets really bad, I will take one 10mg tablet of mine. I'm not sure that it really has made a difference though, or if it is just the idea that I am taking it. If you feel like you need a medication as well, I would still suggest these supplements to take along with the anti-depressant. Talk to you doctor though to make sure that you can take them all together. These supplements will really help calm you down though, and ease the stomach pain!

Along with this though (and this is major), exercise! I try to run 20-30 minutes per day or every other day on an elliptical at around 7mph. It shocks me each time I go, because sometimes I really don't want to run, but once I push myself, the results are phenomenal! You feel like you are on a natural high. This with the supplements helps SO much. I know it's a lot, I have trouble keeping up with it all, and just recently figured out what works for me. You will too! You may also find that taking other things, or doing a different type of exercise, or distressing activity such as meditating, reading, etc will help you better...it's whatever works best for you!

Also, my fiancée introduced me to a miracle drink. Mix hot green tea with honey and 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (as much as you can handle). This tastes GREAT, and the apple cider vinegar will help a lot with the nausea.

Lastly, this is a controversial thing to mention on here, but I will risk mentioning it anyway. Marijuana, through a vaporizer, or mixed in food and heated, is amazing at curing nausea and stomach problems.  It literally will make you hungry and able to eat. It is natural and not bad for you--there are plenty of studies out there to prove it to anyone who disagrees. Just had to mention that though lol. If used for the right reasons, it is a God given miracle plant.

I truly wish you the best and hope that one of these things, or something else that you find on your journey for a cure, will help you soon =). I know stomach problems are not fun at all, I still have them if I fall back on my regimen, which is easy to do. Stay strong, you will find an answer!
**previous comment actually can pertain to everyone on this post in need of help =)
Also, why do you take acid blockers? This is probably making your nausea, stomach problems worse. Most doctors that prescribe these are wrong, because most people are actually low in stomach acid. Read this article--it also may help you out a lot--

http://www.endfatigue.com/tools-support/How-To-Get-Off-Acid-Blockers---Naturally.html

TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
Jade59 commented on dominosarah's status
TinaR10 So I might have to go into ... Comment