Anxiety Community
upset stomach and anxiety
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

upset stomach and anxiety

Does anyone with anxiety suffer from stomach upset alot? I feel like someone with dumping syndrome all the sudden. It has gotten worse the last couple of weeks! Everytime i eat or think abnout something !!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes, when my anxiety is at its worst I have to run to the bathroom several times in the morning and my stomach just churns and churns into knots.  It is most certainly related to anxiety, for some it's headaches, others its their hearts, and for some a combination of all of those things.  Our bodies certainly suffer from our anxiety and seem to work overtime.

Hang in there, as you get a better control on your anxiety the trips to the bathroom will decrease.
Blank
I agree here.  An upset stomach is common with alll sorts of things from stress to anxiety.  In my experience, the more you worry, the worse you feel.  Have considered talking anything over the counter for it or expressing your concerns with your doctor.
Blank
Whenever I'm over-anxious about something, I'll actually give myself a stomach ache. I've actually made myself throw up because of anxiety.
Blank
547002_tn?1219800976
HEY!! My heart has done its crazy thing too, mine even showed a few (2) svt episodes! Some days my stomach is ok, then other days.. dang! I go from never poopin to going all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am like you all, my stomach just churns and growls!! I take prevacid already for a small hiatal hernia, but what would i take other than that? Like immodium or pepto?? I didnt realize how much anxiety can do to a person!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!
Kristy
Blank
OMG ive just been diagnosed with anxiety and i have a dreadfull stomach when i get nervous or panic attacks. in the morning its alot worse, id have to make several trips to the bathroom with diahhrea-its just horrible.
ive started prozac and am on it 1 week now-my symptoms dont seem to be getting any better although my doctor said it can take at least 2 weeks and that my symptoms of having frequent bowel movements were normal!
fingers crossed :)
Blank
Whenever I anxious then I got GI problem. And at this time it seems that zoloft aint working for me anymore
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
16 mins ago
Blank
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
31 mins ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on Rellyrell's status
1 hr ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723