Rheumatoid Factor
Does anyone know if your rheumatoid factor can change?  I know I had a test result of only 10.0, but I have been having very sore joints, hips, shoulders, wrists, hands, knees, elbows for months.  I has become worse lately, wake up in the night from pain and stiffness and am very stiff and sore in the morning especially.  My mother has had RA for 30 years.  I also have Hashimoto's Disease, but regulated with Synthroid.  I just don't know what is going on.  I had a full scale of blood work done this morning and am anxious for the results to see what is happening.
Yes your blood work can change.  My doctor has always been puzzled by me.  My RF is positive one time and negative another.  My ANA is positive one time and negative another.  Still determining if is RA or Lupus but more than likely Lupus in my case.  Good luck.  Please let us know the results.
Hi Trudie, I just came across this post.  My PCP put me on 2 months of prednisone for my joint pain and stiffness and retested my RF and it was normal. It was positive 2010.   I have joint pain, muscle stiffness pain and swelling.  I also have been told I was a lupus wanta be.. Whatever that means.  I do have a butterfly rash that one dr told me was roseacea and another dr told me it wasn't it was a butterfly rash.  I don't see the rheumatologist until Oct because I. Am a new pt.  I was wondering if they ever diagnosed you since this last post?