Arthritis Community
Why won't my finger straighten out?

Why won't my finger straighten out?

When i wake in the morning my midle finger will not staighten out. i hav to manipulate it to straighten it and it feels like it pops back into place. the joint from this finger in the palm of my hand is sore, swollen and feels ard. i have had bloods taken for all none arthritic, systemic, thyroid etc conditions with no abnormalities please advise.
Have you had xrays or MRIs taken? I don't have a ready answer for this one, but hopefully someone on the forum can help?

If someone doesn't offer an answer in a few days, I'll do some research.
I have the same problem with my ring finger of my right hand.  I think it started after using a chainsaw for a long period of time, but it hasn't seemed to go away.  Did you ever find out anything about your problem?
I have the same situation...did you every find out what it was?  Did it ever correct (was it temporary)?
Hi,  I had the same thing.  Someone recommended magnets.  I didn't believe in it but figured it wouldn't hurt to try.  At night I tapped a magnet on top and bottom of the finger and left it there all night.  I can't remember how long it took but it did work and never came back.  Try it, you'll like it.  LOL
I've had the same exact thing with my ring finger since I shoveled snow about a month ago. I came to this site hoping that someone else knew what the cause might be.
It could be an inflamed tendon on the palm of your hand. Try icing it to reduce swelling. Also make sure you're not curling/clenching your hands in your sleep - many, MANY people do this so it's not unusual. Purchase an over the counter wrist brace that will keep your hands and wrists in a neutral position through the night.
Hi Bubs, I have same problem. Ttry using a cold pac in palm of hand to reduce swelling of tendons/works. TC Bobbienkokomo
You need to be tested for high levels of mercury/lead...........take vit supplements/vitd/c/e/ and resveraytol for the immune system/gl
Did you every find out what it was?  I would bet it is trigger finger.  I had the same thing and had never heard of it before going to the doctor.  He suggested going to a orthopedist and I had a shot in the palm of my hand (VERY painful) but it did help the problem. He said that the tunnel that the nerve goes through gets irritated and won't release.  Hope this helps.