Ask a Pharmacist Expert Forum
Cold

Questions in the Ask a Pharmacist Forum are being answered by pharmacists. Topics include: General information on prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, brand drugs, generic equivalents, common uses, drug therapy, drug interactions, possible side effects, travel medications, pill identification and proper disposal of expired, damaged and unusable medications.

Cold
What's best for congestion? Today is my second day with the flue & I'm due in two weeks. I need something that will help me sleep.
If you are due to give birth in two weeks, I would recommend you discuss with your doctor prior to starting any new prescription or over-the-counter congestion remedies. Many over-the-counter products contain multiple ingredients and some may be more safe than others to use during your pregnancy.

I would recommend you first try non-pharmacological treatments such as breathing steam, or keeping a vaporizer in the room.  You can use a saline rinse for nasal congestion.